1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

some new pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by dubhdarra, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

so i picked up four pipes on ebay, two of them arrived. the sasieni is one of the cadogan 4dot ruff roots, and for all the smack i've heard talked on them its actually a great smoke. the radice arrived at the pizzeria tonight, bought it on ebay from a friend and he ran it over with dinner. haven't had a chance to smoke it, just a standard oil cured bark, really nice grain where visible and the bamboo effect is stunning in person.
    [attachment=880:IMG_4035.JPG]
    got a peterson (cara) and another laxey meer coming in the mail, should be here by tuesday. you'll have to wait on pics of those.

rugs-- you can finally stop worrying about me stealing your radice twin bore now. probably.

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Dub, is that the rind finish on the Radice?

I have had a Sasieni 4-dot for over 10 years that smokes like a dream

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nice ones, dub!

dp

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Bark Finish, what real men smoke.

My money's on the Radice... for kicking everything else's but.

5. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Waaaaaay jealous.

6. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

sas called it on the finish rugs, i cant wait to light it up. rocking it to my interview at the smoke shop tomorrow, its the exact same color as my favorite italian leather dress shoes and the bag it came in matches the suit.

as a kindness i won't tell you what i paid for the radice. sasieni cost me 20 including shipping. rugs, is yours a "4dot" or a "four dot"?

7. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Dub, was that the Radice auction that ended today sold by ebuyer1932? If so, I was participating in that bidding war but I'm glad you got it over some random ebayer not on PSF!

8. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

as a matter of fact it was. he's a fellow NY pipe club member who happens to live about a mile from me. smoked the sasieni over pizza when he came over to drop the radice off. he had a radice clear F bulldog that went for 60 something ending just after mine. that pipe was easily worth 200 though, tell me you grabbed it???

9. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

It only went for $60 something? Man, I was seriously debating on it, but I held off because I told myself I already have too many bulldogs. Now I'm kicking myself.

Well, enjoy those pipes. They look like they'll be really good smokers! And your victory got my wife looking at Radices online and she wants me to get one, even if I have to get a new one. So it turned out good for me too.

10. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

my bad, 72. hank told me i should have bought that one because in no normal auction should it have gone for that little, i can also say its a lot better looking in person.
    and yeah, believe it or not the little lady picked that one i got. i didn't think i could rock a radice so i'd never bothered looking into them, she saw it and basically ordered me to get it. she was just turning it over in her hands looking at it for a solid ten minutes when i got home with it... whatever makes the womenfolk happy is fine by me, especially if they're as good a smoker as everyone says.

11. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I agree, nice bamboo effect!

12. WillH

WillH Active Member

Nice pipes! Interesting how they disguise the connection between the bowl and bamboo. I've never seen it done that way. Very nice. Pleasing to look at for sure!

You did well!

Will

13. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Heavens! You relly scored there! Happy smoking and many years with them,

gerry

14. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

thank you, i actually thought it was a separate bamboo stem when i first saw it but the friend who sold it to me informed me its the same piece of briar as the bowl, its just shaped to look like the bamboo.

in either case it is a phenomenal smoke. i might have to pick up a few more radices when i have more cash.. along with the falcons. and some more petersons. and some of the sasienis. and i can't forget my comoys... damnit....

15. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Bamboo?!?

C'mon Will, put your glass on for a second.........:bling:

Nice pipes BTW

16. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

the other two i was waiting on arrived today. the cara looks good. its in decent shape for an estate, some sand pits but whatever, it was covered in the description. the laxey meer (yes, ANOTHER one) looked good till i picked it up and the stem and ferrule came off, revealing a bodge job dot of glue holding the ferrule onto the stummel where the threading had sheared off. i've contacted the seller and i think i'll offer him the opportunity to pay for a fix from walker briar works unless someone else thinks another place might do a better job. i'm freaking cheesed.

any rate, here's the pipes.
    [attachment=885:IMG_4051.JPG]

17. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

The Cara does look good - it's got that loved but well used, been round the block a time or too look I'm so fond off. Damn shame about the Laxey - supect if anyone can fix it WalkerBriarWorks will - you might have to wait a bit but I suspect it'll be worth it.

Enjoy them all!

Gerry

18. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Jeezzz, those suck ... lol .... enjoy !

19. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Congrats on an excellent score, dub! To paraphrase the great Meatloaf, three out of four ain't bad and here's hoping the seller does the right thing and makes good on the fourth one.

20. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Very nice ebaying. I hope you enjoy all four of them. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.