1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Somebody Stop Me!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jdto, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Talk me out of buying more pipes, please!

I'm eyeing an Ashton Canadian (look at how beautiful it is: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300887353316) on the 'Bay, along with a beautiful straight bulldog. I already have an amazing pipe collection. I don't "need" more pipes. I need some moral support and some help to save my bank account from whisky-induced PAD!

HELP!

2. Tate

Tate Member

Take the money and throw it at the debt. Weren't you just posting about that the other day? Let the pipes go until you've got it all paid off dude!

MakDragon, cobbsmoker, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Think of a very expensive pipe you cannot afford, then keep adding your funds into a PAD account for it, then use that to work on your other problems once you realize how much is in that account, you will forget about some PAD buys and be much happier with a calmed heart and soul...

Old Codger likes this.
  4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

What Tate said.

5. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Yes. The debt. Thanks, Tate. There will pipes out there for many years, but my goal has a deadline. Thanks!

6. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Plus, I have enough pipes to lat me a lifetime. Ok...momentary insanity and weakness induced by beer and whiskey....nothing to see here :D.

7. Thuber88

See how easy that was, we are always here for your therapy, or for us to talk you into things...;)

jdto likes this.
  8. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I admit that I have my moments of weakness, but in the end, being able to declare myself debt free at 40 trumps a new pipe. Plus, SWMBO would not be pleased :D

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Alright...I closed the eBay app and my PayPal is safe for tonight!

Buckshot and MikeInMaine like this.
  10. Thuber88

But Wait, did you see?..... :rolleyes:

jdto likes this.
  11. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I just looked through my photo bucket and realised I already have awesome pipes. And honestly, with the great smoke I'm getting from this country gent with a forever stem...who wants to spend big bucks?

Old Codger likes this.
  12. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I don't, but I really want an Ashton Old Church Canadian. So if you buy me that pipe, I will pay off your debt for you in about 20 years.

How could you turn down an offer like that?

MikeInMaine and jdto like this.
  13. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

Print your debt in giant red numbers every month and stick it on your refrigerator. That way it is always in your face and you can watch it go down every month. I find this helps a lot with spending.

jdto, StubrnDutchman and Thuber88 like this.
  14. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

I'll tell you what I tell folks who constantly overspend on lotto tickets, just give the money to me and if the mood strikes me I may give some back. Hey we're friends right, wouldn't you rather I get the money than those idiots at the lotto department.

If you're not gonna pay off your debt because you want to buy pipes you can buy pipes for me. Hey we're friends right, wouldn't you rather give me pipes than send your money to those annoying debt collectors.

I hope the sarcasm helps, but seriously pay off your damn debt and make me envious on two fronts not just one.

MikeInMaine and jdto like this.
  15. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Temporary insanity. All clear now.

16. bosun

bosun Active Member

Work at paying off your debt as everyone says..not that everyone follows their own advice (G). If you are like me and worry about tobacco taxes becoming exorbitant drop a little of the 'extra' into your tobacco cellar. Having a thousand dollar pipe but having to smoke lawn sweepings in it won't be too pleasurable. But having a ten dollar Doctor Grabow and a couple of pounds of what you like will be!

17. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

You do already have a pile of awesome smokers anyway. That Tinsky sandblast of yours is amazing.

jdto likes this.
  18. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Your (4) new Tinsky's trump that old used Ashton Canadian in my opinion...:th1:

jdto likes this.
  19. buistd

buistd Active Member

This may be the first ever case of someone being talked out of buying a pipe by PSF. Whatever next?

Basil Meadows, WalkinStick and jdto like this.
  20. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

I can stop you jdto by buying the pipe myself, but I truly share the same affliction:D

WalkinStick and jdto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.