1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Somebody Stop Me!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jdto, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    We didn't talk him out of it, more of we are biding our time, waiting for the best moment to strike..
    jdto likes this.
  2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Jan 10, 2011
    You realize that eBay can be used to sell some of the pipes that you don't smoke anymore don't you?

I recommend the Following:

Pull out all your pipes and line them up in a row somewhere away from your usual storage. Then smoke them all once. Once a pipe is smoked clean and put it back in the rack/storage area. If takes less than 2 days you can easily justify a few more pipes. If it takes more than a week but less than a month you have about the right amount of pipes and it's time to prioritize the keepers, those to be sold/traded. If it takes more than a month I look forward to your episode of hoarders in a few years time.

Just kidding of course but unless you are a collector and have enough storage area for all your pipes you might want to put a few rarely smoked pipes back into the marketplace freeing up capital for future purchases.
    Stonewall likes this.
  3. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Mar 27, 2013
    I think instead of yourself, you should consider the younger guys who are just getting started but are too poor to afford new pipes and tobaccos. You know, the poor, unfortunate guy with 4 mouths to feed. Hang on, let me get my...er, uh....HIS address and I will message you.....
  4. Doug McCoy

Doug McCoy Member

Aug 23, 2012
    JDTO, firstly, you need to expell the word "need" from your inventory of language when referring to any pipe acquisition!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.