1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Someone loan me a thousand bucks

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Snake, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Some day, gentlmen, some day!

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/eltang/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=66239

Does anyone even HAVE an Eltang?? If so, besides your address for insurance reasons,
    how does it smoke? I really shouldn't even have to ask.

dp

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I don't think I could bring myself to spend that on a pipe, even if I hit the Powerball lottery. My range is $100-300. From my perspective, $301-550 is an exotic, expensive pipe. Over that is kind of like a Nike tennis shoe... how much better could a $950 pipe smoke than a $300 one? Probably no difference. I know the quality of the craftsmanship and materials ad to the price, but at some point, you are paying more for the name than the product.

:sick:

Yes, it is a beautiful pipe, though.

3. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Damn! Sure is sweet looking that's for sure. But I'd feel guilty forever if I bought that knowing the money could go for much more needed things. But that's just me.

4. WillH

WillH Active Member

That goes for me too! The pipe is stunning! Eltang is an artist and that pipe speaks to his skill! Wonderful!

How will it smoke? Well, not being critical, I'd guess you'd need to choose your tobacco well and smoke carefully. The walls of the bowl are rather thin and the shape would tend to concentrate the heat in the upper part of the bowl as all horn shapes do! Just thinking out loud and not being negative.

I think when someone buys a pipe like that they are buying a work of art - and it is a stunning pipe! One needs to enjoy the skill and craftsmanship more than the smoking, me thinks.

Will

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Ok that is a very different style of pipe, i agree with most on the price but honestly if i had the money i would spend it, as long as they last i could see spending that on a pipe.

6. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

That is a stunning pipe!

I agree with Will. I have a cutty nosewarmer and it tends to build cake faster on the back of the bowl. Not really big deal but something to be aware of.

But that really is a fine looking pipe. I'd buy it if I had a couple million in the bank.

7. hagbard

hagbard Member

Eh? I don't like it. Even if I were a sultan I wouldn't buy it. Honestly I wouldn't buy it if it cost $50. But that's just me. Hell, I wouldn't buy any $1,000 pipe, no matter how money I had.

8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I absolutely love the staining that T.E. does! Yes, I agree with almost everyone
    else that 1k for a pipe is quite extravagant, but I'll take donations! :cheers:

9. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

You know, from that perspective, I'm with you. The pipe is really attractive and if it were free because 10 people donated to purchase it for my birthday (hint hint), I'd love to have it.

Brad :bing:

10. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

for that i could probably get five pipes from stummel, five from sas, and i bet they'd both throw in a nosewarmer for free. in other words, i'll happily spend a grand on ten (or with what i usually pay about 25-50 pipes) but i'd never spend more than 250 on something other than an antique or commissioned meerschaum.

11. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Now that is a nice pipe. I say if you have the money why not spend it.

12. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Wow. So many stunners - so few fortunes to squander on them. Wah.

I keep looking at those low rent (ha ha) Sara Eltang pipes but still can't find one I like for a price I'd pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.