Something Evil This Way Comes...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

... bloody TAD!

Sure, it started out simply enough - just three tins of MacB Club Blend. But then three tins of McConnell's Red Virginia jumped onboard... then two tins of Pete Irish Oak... then three tins of McC #24 and three #25's. Finally three tins of Pease Cumberland joined the party.

I'm a wretched cellar slave, that's what I am. It's all your fault, PSF corruptors! I'd never heard of half these blends until I hooked up with you miscreants. You should all be ashamed of yourselves... or something.

2. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Thank you.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

From the title I was afeart that you might have ordered Ennerdale.

Brit abroad, jdto, Taco and 2 others like this.
  4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I hear you Roy. I just had a big purchase a couple weeks ago and thought "you're done for a month". Then I get a notice that HV bulk is in stock while at work today. Got on my iPhone during lunch and ordered another pound of HV. Well gee, that doesn't get you the free shipping. Oh, hey, they have Peter Heinrich's Special Curly on sale in the 200g tin! Sure why not... :ohyh:

I'm gonna be in so much trouble when the wife sees this. :oops:

5. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
    Step Two. You'll come to realize that tins are very small so you'll just make you're life simpler and less complicated by asking: How many tins in a box? Well, then just send me two boxes of that and three boxes of that and would you perchance happen to have a box of that other one available?

RTOdhner likes this.
  6. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Only 2 tins of Irish Oak?

Wuss.

Professor, jdto, BradNTX and 2 others like this.
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

That's 2 lifetime supplies. :puke:

8. RTOdhner

But I already have two in the cellar. Irish Oak is one of those blends I like to keep around.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  9. RTOdhner

Tell her it's an.... um.... uh... I N V E S T M E N T.... sure, an investment. Dat's da ticket... an investment.

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

That's a good amount of tins , man ! And that's not even your bulk order that yer gonna order tomorrow [ as I grab my magic wand/tamper ] :beck:

Pretty soon , I'm fixin to make a nice size order .... I cant wait ! I'm wanting the MB 1lb cans instead of the bags ... they look cooler

Brit abroad and jdto like this.
  11. RTOdhner

MacB in one pound cans? What is this wizardry of which you speak? Where might one find these fantastical one pound cans? I must scour the Kingdom!

12. BradNTX

LOL, agreed! I've purchased more than a dozen in the last few months because it is one of my top blends. :beck:

Brit abroad and Johnny Dingo like this.
  13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

BradNTX likes this.
  14. BradNTX

They have the big fancy 1 lb ceramic canisters with the bail top lid. Then they also have those 1 lb clear plasitic jar-tin things with a hard top and bottom. Not sure what you would call it, except maybe a plastic canister. I bought some HH Vintage Syrian in the ceramic one for cheap last year; it was on sale for like $30.

15. RTOdhner

I had to get the Irish Oak supply up to at least three cans. Anything less than that and I get nervous. I will probably order another sleeve worth of it in a month or so.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  16. BradNTX

That dang stuff is just too good!

I think I know what I'm packing for work tomorrow. :bing:

Johnny Dingo and RTOdhner like this.
  17. Johnny

Johnny Member

I had TAD so bad a couple years ago that I had to stop visiting forums for a while. Dipped into rent money a few times. Now I have a wife that will keep me out of that kind of trouble.

RTOdhner likes this.
  18. RTOdhner

It's a thing of beauty, Ruff... a thing of beauty. [Sniff sniff] Such a marvelous sight brings a tear to my eye. Next month I think I'll order a few... like I really need more GE! I've got about five pounds of it in there. Hell, I have enough MacB bulks to last me until the Second Coming!!

DGErwin11 and ruffinogold like this.
  19. RTOdhner

For now... TAD is an insidious disease, and it sneaks up on you in a moment of weakness. Sure... you'll just order a tin or two of Penzance when you happen to stumble upon it while looking for something else. Pay for it w/plastic... sure, easy... oh, and the tin of Dunhill... oooh oooh, and the three tins of Cap'n Earl... oooh oooh oooh...!

Professor likes this.
  20. BradNTX

You want to hear a bad case of TAD? I've been thinking of burning frequent flyer miles to go get some Germain's in large quantity... I just can't figure out how to explain it to the missus. :rolleyes:

RTOdhner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.