1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

somthing new.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by wobble, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wobble

wobble Member

Hi guys , looking for a new aromatic for smoking , remembering i live in the uk has anyone got any sugestions. Somthing with a good note. I am smoking Clan at the moment. Cheers :)

2. Goat

Goat Active Member

wobble likes this.
  3. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

I'm not familiar with overseas baccy availability, but are you able to order anything from the states?

4. Albert

Albert Active Member

Torben Dansk Black Velvet is a Delicious Aro. and smokes more like a regular tobacco than a typical aro.

user2725 and wobble like this.
  5. wobble

wobble Member

Where would i get this lovely sounding stuff.

6. Albert

Albert Active Member

Well, Im not a UK resident, but anywhere that sells DAN tobacco over there would most likely have it.

wobble likes this.
  7. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

What sort of aro do you like? Some are delicately cased and subtle such as Peterson's DeLuxe and Reiner's Yellow Star. Others are almost cloyingly sweet such as Melange and Sweet Mystery. Still others have a strong natural flavor with a bit of molasses or honey toppng such a McBaren's Latakia and Navy Flake.

8. Goat

Goat Active Member

McBarens Latakia is an arromatic?
    Huh... Who knew? :msty:

9. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

McClelland 2000. You will love it!

Fbones24 and wobble like this.
  10. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

If you can get CAO Cherry Bomb do it. Do it.

I wish I could get it in bulk.

11. Trippwire

Trippwire Member

I've been smoking petersons summertime 2012 quite a bit lately. If you're into their aromatics it definately worth a go. First few bowls I wasn't sure, but now I'm loving it.

12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Morse likes this.
  13. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

It's somewhere in between. I just consider it a Danish, there is a honey sort of sweetness to it and it is not heavy on the Latakia. It's one of my favorites:thu:

MacBaren Vanilla Creme is one of my favorite Aro's and should be pretty easy to find over there.

Goat and wobble like this.
  14. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Most of those mentioned would be near impossible over here!, and ordering from US would probably incur duty, plus the shipping charge - making it an expensive exercise. If you're smoking Clan (gulp!:confused:) try some 'Gold Block'.....it's not the wonderful stuff of years ago - but a nice smoke, with a nice smell....sorry...room note. Right now I'm smoking some MacBarren 'Vanilla Cream' (which is available) that I got cheap at an airport - it's good stuff, and the wife likes the smell - says it's like chocolate!, another one worth a try is Aalsbo 'Black'.
    OT

wobble likes this.
  15. wobble

wobble Member

Cheers guys.

16. craig

craig Active Member

a good aromatic i love is either rattrays bag pipers dream (available at gauntleys of nottingham) its the first ever pipe tobacco i tried and it is amazing lovely plum and cognac flavours and i also love gawith and hoggarth cherry and vanilla, stays very cool in the pipe even if your puffing away like a turbo charged loony :D .

17. PickingLeaves

PickingLeaves Member

Look at German shops, I think they have pretty much anything you want.

18. wobble

wobble Member

Again guys cheers. Trying Petersons " Evening Sunset " . Lovely Amereto tones.

19. Steve IoM

Steve IoM Member

I'd recommend Ashton's Rainy Day, Guilty Pleasure, and particularly Smooth Sailing. Holger Danske's Mango Vanilla is quite nice too. All of these are easily available in the UK.

Clan isn't bad for a supermarket tobacco, but I have found myself adding other bits to it from time to time. I've added some brand x cherry tobacco to it with some surprisingly pleasant results.

20. wobble

wobble Member

Added to Clan my self and it improves it a good bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.