1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Comfort

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Malcontent, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

In an earlier thread, Craig and Mington were talking about Southern Comfort (the drink) and I wondered if there was a blend flavored with it. I found it today. I was going through B&B Tobacconists and spotted a jar. I've been in there a dozen times and must have passed right over it. I picked up a couple of ounces and tried it this afternoon.

I let it dry for 45 minutes, packed it in a MM Legend and let it sit for a couple hours (got busy with something else). Aromatics usually bite me hard. This one didn't. Just a smooth burley with that sweet Southern Comfort flavor (great snork). I realized that I needed to relight after every time I tamped, so half way through the bowl I stopped tamping and it burned to the bottom without another relight. The flavor got a little rough at the very end, but nothing compared to other aro's that I've smoked.

The blend doesn't show up on B&B's web site and I can't find that they ship it to anyone else (4noggins, for example). I also picked up some Country Gentleman and Ol' Froggy Bastard (another unadvertised blend). Both of those smell like variations on Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard. This is going to be fun!

craig likes this.
  2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I cant stand the Southern Comfort drink at all . But I bet it would be good as an Aromatic ! Go easy on the tamping , like it seems you figured , and enjoy ! How's the room note ?

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

Room note: :beck:

ruffinogold likes this.
  4. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

When I was in college I got pissed up on Southern Comfort and puked for 8 hours, don't mention Southern Comfort to me.

5. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Amen, brother. While your at it, put Wild Turkey on the no mention list, too.

6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

You must live in Asheville. I just moved from there this past June, and I miss it all the time. Country Gentleman was my first favorite tobacco, and I smoke OLB all the time still. Another great (but different) blend from them is Scot's Companion. That stuff is terrific. That's a great shop. Nice that there are still a few places that blend their own tobaccos.

7. craig

craig Active Member

Sounds like a great blend malcontent. I did a record on vacation i practically drank a full bottle and was still standing and didnt puke but i did sleep well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.