1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Spillman mixture

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Sasquatch, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    Some of these resurrected "famous old standard" kinda blends are better than others, some are frankly pretty crappy. But this Spillman Mix is the real deal. It's English in nature, but I guess topped with something sweet, balanced out with a little cigar-ish taste... Wow.

I had a really enjoyably bowl today. Just delicious. This gets my highest rating as a first impression smoke. I will see if I get sick of it or not.

It's a little like Presbyterian but the orientals are less I'd say and it's maybe marginally sweeter and maybe a touch richer.

Sasquatch Approved.
  2. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I love it!

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Feb 9, 2010
    I bought eight ounces (only size available at the time) of this when it came out. It went in a box pass about a month later. Too middle of the road for my burned out taste buds, but knowong a bit about your preferences, Todd, I can see where it might fit for you. Does yours have any age on it? The tin that I sent out in the pass got spread around pretty well, and lots of guys commented that age/drying did wonders for it....
  4. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Yup, really need to dry this one out to appreciate it...
    plus if you don't, it's gonna leave nasty goop in your pipe.
  5. telltime

telltime Active Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Sas: you'll be happy to know that I spoke with the pipe shop in Chicago, where I got "Distinguished Gentleman" who also makes tins this tobacco, today and they are sending me an 8 oz. tin of this as well. They said it was "wonderful stuff."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.