1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Stag Tobacconist: Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Squatch347, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squatch347

Squatch347 Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Work sent me out to Colorado Springs for the Wounded Warrior Games, which were pretty awesome. I had a free day before the games started and visited a local tobacconist, Stag Tobacconist. http://stagtobacconist.net/stag_tobacconist_004.htm

I was really impressed. Where many tobacconists have some blends in jars, Stag had an entire humidor filled with their own blends, general blends and many of our old stalwarts (I bought some frog morton and navy flake and a couple of pipes). The counter was manned by two guys, one smoking a cigar, one a pipe.

This was the most pipe friendly place I've ever been. I got some nicotine poisoning because I couldn't bear to leave. I got two free bowls full as the tobacconist walked me through several blends as we sat on some pretty nice leather chairs as well. I really can't recommend this place enough, if you head out to Colorado Springs it is a nice place to spend a couple of hours.
    Ol Brokedik and Mark w4mms like this.
  2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Awesome! We are wanting to take an off-road & camping trip to Colorado next year. I'll have to make note of that place!
  3. Saeros99

Saeros99 Member

Feb 14, 2011
    I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I just want to say I've been to Stag a few times now, and they are awesome!
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    Looks like a real smokeshop !
  5. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Thanks for the link... looks like a nice shop, too bad it doesn't offer online sales though.
  6. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    My wife and I went to Estes Park back in the early '70s. I didn't know it then but the park was a huge hippie magnet. We saw lots of them sleeping in ditches on the way in. I don't think hippies go there anymore as most are probably in their 60s or 70s. I'll bet most of them don't even remember making the trip.

ruffinogold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.