1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a Notebook/Journal

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AK Kilted Guy, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorringowl

sorringowl SorringowlandSons.etsy.com

Aug 2, 2010
    Hey AK,
    Here's a couple pics (front & back) of one of my Pipe & Tobacco journals (in a saddle tan color):

[​IMG]. [​IMG]

I actually made this for myself shortly after I started smoking a pipe and I still use mine. It's been a bit since I've offered these but I'm going to start making them again. These include the monogram on the back. I'll probably price them at around $28. for a 4x6 journal but I can get larger sizes as well (5x7 and 6x9). I will offer these again in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, PM me if you're interested in one of these (or anything else in my shop--you can order from me direct if you don't want to order from my Etsy shop). Thanks, guys, for the kind referrals.
    woody likes this.
  2. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Feb 12, 2011
    That might possibly be the exact one you made me, it is monogrammed with my initials and is the same color. I love the thing. It has a super soft quality feel and really feels good in the hand. I also like the leather strap that goes around it to keep it shut. :)

Everybody here should own one.;)
  3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Mar 2, 2011
    Hand? you mean wing and claws. :)
    Rewster66 and beammeuptothesky like this.
  4. zirrow

zirrow Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I've gone from a hand-written journal to an Excel spreadsheet, and I'm currently working on an Access database that allows multiple users to keep track of their pipes, tobacco, tobacco purchases, and also when a given tobacco is smoked in a given pipe. I've got it up and running for the most part, but it still needs a bit more polish.
    sorringowl likes this.
  5. The Dane

The Dane Member

May 20, 2011
    I use a database on my laptop. Just three columns 1) Brand/name of the tobacco, 2) Type of tobacco and 3) my thoughts of the tobacco.
  6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    You may want to add a fourth column - pipe that was used. It's amazing how some tobaccos can taste so different when smoked in a different pipe (cob, meer, etc) or pipe shape.
  7. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I keep a journal, mostly on my phone now. I only write about the tobacco if i had it that day and what I thought about it. But the idea of keeping one soley for tobacco is splendid. Consider the idea stolen. By me.........
  8. sarge564

sarge564 Member

Jan 3, 2011
    I tried it for a while, toby name, where i got it, cost, room note and a flavor scale. It a cool idea but when it got to the point of work or "something else to do" I stopped. I keep all my tins because I love the artwork. Now when I'm thinking of getting an order together, I look through my tins and open them for a quick sniff. I forgot how much I liked Vanilla Ice until I pulled the lid off an empty tin. That will be on the next order for sure!
  9. John Long

John Long Member

Mar 11, 2012
    I keep a mini spiral wound and write down whatever I'm compelled to write. I find it hard to give tobacco just a star rating alone because different tobaccos excell for the different moods I'm in. Also prefer to keep it short and sweet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.