Starting to taste the difference!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AkBuba, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkBuba

AkBuba Member

So, I spent the weekend smoking NightCap in my new '06 St Pats...
    This morning, on the way to work I decided to break out the new Estate Medco Medalist. It's a smaller bowl, and since i hadn't used it yet, I thought, maybe i'd make it my to/from work pipe. I only have a 15-20 min commute, so this one works out pretty well. Since I was using a new pipe, i thought I'd relegate it to a new tobacco. I loaded it with some Cherry/Vanilla blend and fired up. Oh MY GOODNESS! I could taste the sweetness! After switching between the nightcap and the aromatic, I could actually tell a difference. Maybe I'm growing up??? It's very intesresting... after smoking the aromatic, if I put the pipe down for a bit, there is a very sweet and pleasant aftertaste. I don't think it's a good thing that I'm liking this more... lol

I've got 2 more estate pipes that I have to try and clean up tonight... now i'll have to find baccy for them. :)

Old Codger and Bman64 like this.
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It certainly takes some practice and some experience to sort out what flavors come from what ingredients, and what toppings work for your palate ... it's a fun trip. Luckily there's a million terrific tobaccos out there so you won't run out of things to play with!

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Aromatics Rock ! Have you tried SWRA yet ? It's a fantastic OTC

jdto likes this.
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

SWRA being Sir Walter Raleigh's Arse?

I'm just loading a big Ser Jacopo with some of this new "American Mixture" from STG. Wife says it smells like cotton candy, but it makes me feel like a manly man!

user2725 and ruffinogold like this.
  5. AkBuba

AkBuba Member

Haven't tried swra as of yet... they don't have it in town (that I've found) and I hate to mail order an OTC
    Lol

ruffinogold likes this.
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

WHEW! I finished it!

That's a bigass pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.