Steven Books.....House of Calabash....."Grandfather's Own"

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ArmedOctopus, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Anyone tried this blend? I was wanting to snag some but wanted to get input first.

2. RidgeMart

RidgeMart New Member

Greetings,yes I have tried this blend many times. I am fortunate enough to have Steve Books as one of my personal friends. His blends are all masterpieces of tobacco blending. You should try every blend of his you
    can get your hands on. Never had one I did
    not like!
    Grandpa's is a re-creation of the pleasant aroma associated with your Grandpa's pipe. It contains burley
    Along with high quality Virginia's along with other flavor enhances such as deer-tongue which is a natural herb used for its subtle vanilla like aroma. Even though personally I usually shun aromatic blends,this one I enjoy
    It still tastes like the high quality tobacco that it is! Order some today you won't be sorry.

Rodfather and Mington like this.
  3. Calvinandpipe

Calvinandpipe Active Member

Yep, ArmedOctopus, RidgeMart is right. I try to make it to Steve's shop once a month and I have never been disappointed by any of his tobaccos. Steve's tobaccos are in a class of their own and should be tried by every serious pipe smoker.

Rodfather likes this.
  4. ArmedOctopus

Meh. That deer-tongue turned me off to that blend. I will have to try some other one though.

5. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Have you sampled the For Meerschaums Only-Reserve yet by any chance? It has a particular flavor that I don't detect in every bowl. It only comes through once in a while. It's an excellent flavor and I miss it when it's not there. Just wondering what your thoughts are if you've had a chance to sample it.

6. ArmedOctopus

I have not had a chance to sample it as of yet. I will try some tomorrow though, in your honor!

Although I feel so bad smoking something so expensive. A bowlfull is like $2!

Buckshot likes this.
  7. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

Looking forward to HofC replentishing Lord Craven's #3 Cigar Blend myself. 2oz will fit nicely in one of my empty Mason jars:bing:

Calvinandpipe likes this.
  8. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

My jar of grandfather's own is at work and i only smoke this at work. Think of lane q-1 with some added brown sugar and you have grandfather's own.

9. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Member

would like to try it, but just went to the website...A little too pricey for me
    :(

10. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

I've had both Grandfather's Own and the Canadian Maple blends. Both are outstanding. I plan to order much more tobacco from Mr. Books...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.