still smokin

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by avmech20, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avmech20

avmech20 Member

so, I've been on a little it of a dry spell with my tobacco purchasing. I haven't had the capital to make any of the purchases that I've wanted to, but I'm still smokin the OTC's. I hope that soon I will be able to get me a pound of some english blend and store it away for the colder months. I am currently smoking a lend of smokers pride BC and CH. It lacks the sophistication of a good latakia blend, and the pleasantries of the better known aro's, but it gets the job done in a time where money is hard to come by (not to mention I can make a few pounds of it for less than 30 bucks). I feel like i've been away from the forum for ages since I haven't had anything exciting happening with my TAD and my PAD list. Just letting everyone know "I'm still smokin" :sh:

Rewster66, Elwin, cobbsmoker and 4 others like this.
  2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

No worries, av. Times are tough all over, but if you're enjoying what you're smoking, that's all that counts. You can always post here without having to worry about keeping up with the Joneses.

3. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

True, true, I know what you mean. If not for the cans of Autumn Evening and Deacons Downfall I got for Christmas and a few samples, (waaaay more awesome of a sample than I deserve), I got from a fellow PSF'er I'd have finished smoking in January. My paycheck comes and the moneys gone on the same day. But at least I've got a leavings jar for emergencies, (which is sweet 'cause it's almost all 1864 and I'm about to crack it open ;)), but things can only get better, times can't stay like this forever!

4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nothing wrong with OTC's! :puffy:

ol gto and RTOdhner like this.
  5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

^ What Lestrade said and I for one smoke OTC tobaccos by choice, not by circumstance. Glad you're still puffing and enjoying a pipe, that's all that really matters.

ol gto and RTOdhner like this.
  6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

SWR is a great value, and a very good smoke. If I could limit myself to just two bowls a day, a $4.99 pouch of SWR would last me about two weeks.

ol gto likes this.
  7. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Nothing wrong with otc's hell that's all i smoke99% of the time.

ol gto likes this.
  8. Gary

Gary Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with OTC's. I recently tried a pouch of PA and enjoyed it quite a bit. I will soon be picking up a tub of it as I find it's quite a satisfying smoke anytime of day. Can't say that about all tobaccos!

9. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I still find myself picking up the OTC's, especially for when times are tight*. I like PA and have been known to enjoy some Captain Black. Find good deals on Tobacco Galleria at the local B&M too.

*always

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.