1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Stinger Removal Tips

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Pipe Matt, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Hi,

I usually remove stingers from any pipes that have them. Sometimes they come out very easily. Other times they need a bit more force with the help of some pliers. Occasionally they're really stuck in and can end up breaking off. I've found putting them in the freezer for a couple of minutes can help. Also, putting some alcohol around them to loosen any tar.

I was just wondering if anyone had any other tips for getting difficult stingers out?

Thanks. :)

2. Roger W

Roger W Member

I was just going to bring up this topic - I have a nice smoking unidentifiable brand, diplomat shaped briar with an annoying stinger that I have been dealing with ever since I bought it. Of course it's the stinger that threads the bowl to the stem and after doing a little research here I came to the conclusion that the business-end of the stinger had to go. So I hacked it off with my Dremel, cleaned it out thoroughly after finally being able to access the problem area with a pipe cleaner, screwed it back together and smoked it this morning beautifully! I am now of the mind-set to banish all stingers on all pipes I own now or in the future. As for help with removing them... I'm anxious to hear what others have to suggest!

3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Stingers are a device designed by clandestine scientists in the Roswell, New Mexico area in their efforts to affix antennas to everyday items carried by inhabitants of our planet. The antenna in the pipe (stinger) was supposed to increase the range on the chip implanted in abducted humans and therefore increase the effectiveness of tracking and control.

Hell yes......all my stingers get removed as I live only 100 miles from Roswell and I don't want those bastards knowing where I'm at. :zom:

Thuber88, Tsulagi44 and Roger W like this.
  4. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Too late. We have you in our sights. [​IMG]

Thuber88 and Roger W like this.
  5. User3940

User3940 Active Member

6. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Now you just gave them a radius to search in, good going! :mad:

Thuber88 likes this.
  7. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Take it easy on him. He is still searching for the coast in New Mexico.[​IMG]

Thuber88 and Smokey Tom like this.
  8. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Have you ever been in the deserts of the southwest? A 100 mile radius would be of no help here. I ain't worried.

Thuber88 likes this.
  9. User3940

User3940 Active Member

And it's windy so we have a lot of these. Which keeps a lot of people in their houses if you know what I mean. :xd:

[​IMG]

Smokey Tom and Thuber88 like this.
  10. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Stinger removal---perhaps Dwaugh will lend out his chain saw.:haha:

Thuber88 likes this.
  11. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Dwaugh has refined his technique and now uses an angle grinder.

Thuber88 likes this.
  12. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

I suppose the stinger was a nice gimmick to increase sales, but I've yet to find a pipe that didn't smoke better with it removed. My no-name meer, for instance, is 100% better after taking the Dremel to the stinger (just leaving the threads). If they can be removed, do it, if not, cut 'em off. At least that's MHO.

JoeSmall likes this.
  13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

I knew it! I'm not the only one who thinks like this. I had a stinger in an old Weber. When I started smoking that pipe more and more, wierd :poop: started to happen. Once I took that thing out things calmed down. I' not cRazY.

14. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Hey....my brother from another alien. :xd:

rondel65 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.