1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

stokkebye aromatics

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user2453, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user2453

user2453 Member

Ill just start by saying I don't think I've given aromatics a fair shake. I can count on one hand the few I have tried.

I'm going to stock up on some Peter Stokkebye tobaccos next time I make an order, and would like to include an aro. I have tried Golden Dansk and I never finished the jar. Anyone have a PS aro they heartily recommend? I've got my mind set on proper English and LNF, but a Virginia or burley blend might fit the bill, I just don't know what to get.

I see Balkan Supreme mentioned a lot. Prices are good and overall I like the PS stuff.

2. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

I have only tried the cinnamon which was a okay blend didn't notice much in way of flavor, and the luxury bullseye flake which I have been making a half lb to a lb order each month. Highly recommend the bullseye flake. I have a sample of the luxury navy flake waiting to be tried, just haven't got around to it yet.

Gunslinger,

Rewster66 likes this.
  3. user2453

user2453 Member

Ok, cinnamon was one I was contemplating. I have tried the bullseye flake and the navy. I love them both. I like the simplicity of navy flake. Think it's a go to anytime.

4. esteban

esteban Active Member

B&B by Pete is good check out Tobacco reviews .com & get some pretty honest reviews of the Stokebye baccys. They are fairly inexpensive.

5. Capt

Capt Active Member

I tried the cherry blend, it was probably the best cherry blend I have ever smoked.

6. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I have got about 4oz of Mellow Mocha jarred. I really enjoy it. I purchased it blind wanting a coffee tasting blend. When I looked on TR, it only had one reveiw and the person complained of it being too bitey and gave it one star. It is a little bitey, but I think the taste is out of this world and the aroma is incredible. I smoked it all night on my front porch handing out candy on Halloween and I can't tell you how many compliments I received. The blend is made up of Virginia and orientals as the base tobacco, kind of unusual for an aromatic in my experience, but you can actually taste this base while smoking it. I really enjoy it and plan on upping its rating on TR when I get around to it.

7. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Cinnamon is great and Vanilla Cream is a good one also. The cinnamon has a slight tongue tingle like the sensation you get when you eat red hots. I've smoked 2 tins and plan on buying more.

8. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

The only one I've tried is Skandinavic Aromatic. It is a typical Danish Cavendish that tastes very similar to Amphora, Sail and Troost. The Danes have a different opinion of what the term "aromatic" means than the rest of the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.