1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Stokkebye Luxury Twist in My Favorite Flake Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I got a package in the mail today today that contained several samples of pipe tobacco, including a generously sized sample of PS LTF. In keeping with another thread, I was going to fill up a Pot style pipe with it. However, when I opened the baggie my nose was tantalized by a fantastic vanillaish hay-like aroma. I knew a mere Pot would not do, so I filled up by favorite flake pipe - my Pete Aran XL02 (bent Apple).

All I can say is "Sweet Mother of Pearl!" This stuff is a wonderfully mellow, lightly aromatic delight. It has that wonderful hay-like flavor I've come to expect from a good VA flake, but with an ever so light vanilla-like back beat that adds something really nice to the flake. I have a hard time smelling pipe toby when I smoke it, but I catch little whisps of this and it seems quite nice.

I've found that judging a toby on just one bowl-full is a tricky proposition, but PS LTF has all the makings of a grand slam homer. Considering the price ($36USD per pound), I'm gonna order a couple of pounds and cellar it. This is one that's gonna be in the regular rotation of daily smokes, and I think I'm gonna dedicate this XL02 to it.

Thanks, Ruff, for turning me on to a really wonderful smoke. PS, and LTF, rocks!

Post Script: I just left the room for a minute and then came back in. I can pick up the room note, and it is very nice. Definitely something the wife is gonna like.
  2. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

May 6, 2010
    I enjoy LTF quite a bit and have 3 lbs. or so jarred. LNF is probably my favorite tobacco of all that I've tried and it's what I smoke the most. I also found that a mixture of 50:50 LTF & LNF is pretty darned good as well. P.S. Balkan Supreme is my favorite "Balklish".

P.S. tobaccos represent one og the best values in pipe tobacco, especially when purchased in the 1.5 lb. box. They are also one of the "least fuss" tobaccos I've found with great burns with few relights.

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I too enjoy LTF, but don't have a lot on hand (6 oz). I may consider adding a 1.5 lb box to my TAD list. I have some LNF that is supposed to be 6 years old, but have not tried it yet.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    Damn Brad ! Open that puppy up ! I'm wonderin how good it might be !?

I'm finding LTF to be my favorite blend during summer for sure . PS is a great maker and is providing a huge favor by selling in bulk ... Fantastic prices !
  5. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I'm really starting to like this LTF. After being stuck on McClelland's virginias for a while, I think tobaccos like LTF and even OGS are a good change of pace. Glad I picked it up.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I opened a jar of LTF yesterday. It has been awhile since I smoked any. Still as good as ever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.