STOKKEBYE PS-306: ENGLIISH ORIENTAL SUPREME

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried this? I'm looking for something fairly close to Mac Baren's Plum Cake in strength and Latakia content, but with a more natural flavor and no rum casing. Would PS-306 work?

2. Stinger4me

Stinger4me Member

I've been smoking the blend for quite some time. There are several tins of Plum Cake around here as well. I find the two blends to be quite different but I would recommend you try the English Oriental. My preferred pipe for that blend is a Peterson pipe, just my preference. The Plum Cake gets smoked in cobs and briars. Just my $.o2 worth, try it.

3. RTOdhner

How heavy would you say the blend is in general? And how heavy is the Latakia content? I'm looking for a blend that has just enough Latakia to keep it up, but not enough to get me chased out of the house. There was this "house" English blend that I once bought at a pipe shop, and my wife really liked (room-note). She likes the Plum Cake, and she compares it to that blend. Thinking about that blend, I recall it had about the same medium-level of strength and fairly light Latakia content. However, she does not think the Plum Cakes is as "sexy" as that one English blend. She though it had a really manly aroma that she actually called sexy. I really liked it as well. Since it was a "house" blend, there's a good chance it was a Stokkebye blend and looking at Stokkebye's offerings I think it might be this blend.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

ENGLISH ORIENTAL SUPREME is my favorite English blend .... it's smooth/cool and complex ! I agree that EOS and Plum Cake are quite different ... no biggie .......... ya gotta try EOS ! The lat content isnt huge ... imo , it's just right . The room note is oriental dominate w/ a spice thing .... pull the trigger man !

5. RTOdhner

I've done my toby purchase for this month, but I'm gonna pull the trigger on it in July. I've been looking for an English "house" blend, and have tried Epiphany. It started out strong, but ultimately became boring. I love Walnut, and while it certainly has an English influence I don't think of it as an English blend. I think it's in a class by itself - an American Blend - and it's always on hand.

From your description, it appears that this might just be that elusive English blend that I've been searching for all these many years. It had a quality that I've never been able to define, but your use of the phrase "oriental dominate w/a spice thing" seems to describe that mysterous quality. If this is the case, then it certainly will be my "house" English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.