1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Stonehaven anyone?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mington, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I was doing some reading at my favorite pipe tobacco review site:
    Pipe tobacco review
    and searched by 4 star rating. I then sorted that search by the most reviews of 4 star tobacco.
    SG FVF was at the top of the list of 4 stars, with the most reviews.
    (I have it and give it a 4 star also!)
    I looked at the 2nd most reviewed 4 star and saw that it was Stonehaven.
    As my TAD continues, I just wanted to hear from the guys here (and gals) what they think of it and if you recommend it. I like to try anything and everything.
    Thanks in advance.
    M

2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Stonehaven is as rare as frog hairs. Supplier can't keep up with demand. I'm glad the idea doesn't appeal to me because lack of availability would drive me crazy(er). I too have read rave reviews. You just can't get any of it. Maybe, you can convince another member that you're worthy and deserve a sample. Try it but be prepared to hear crickets.
    Good luck. Be well.

4. ryan65

ryan65 Member

yes stonehaven is great, and it has been available i think 2 times this year? but what is also great about this site is people are kind enough to post bulletins on hard to find tobaccos within hours of being in stock and so i have yet to miss out on any. the only thing stopping me these days is the wallet lol

5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I saw a couple sites that listed they have it, but whether they really have it in stock...I don't know.
    Some sites tell you if a product is in stock or not. Some do not. Hmmmm

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I too like Stonehaven quite a bit. Right now, I'm smoking ET Blackpool and to me, this remindz me of what would be Stonehaven's milder but as flavorful cousin.

As for shortages and lack of availability, that is a bummer but you gotta be ready to pounce when the toby-houses get it in because it goez like hotcakez on a Sunday morning! If you luckout and score enough to tide you over and cellar a bit for the inbetween timez and down the road.

Believe me, the leap of faith into SH or BP will reward you with tonz of flavor and if for some crazy reason you don't like either, it'll trade/sell like "Hotcakez on a Sunday Morning"!

Supposedly, ET toby is for US Market only or at least that'z what I've gotten from a number of piperz I respect highly. So be ready and keep looking.

I'll send a couple flakez of SH to Mington, Ol Brokedick, and ONE other PSF member if you'd pm me your name & addy ok? At least you'd be able to see if you really like it.

T'is The Season!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.