Stonehaven from Puff!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Sawbones, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

Howdy all, I had a big bowl of Stonehaven that Puff sent me. I really liked it. No bite, and my wife said it was the best one yet. I still haven't got her convinced to smoke full pipe yet, but I think she might actually try it with Stonehaven. It has become my new favorite! Thanks again Puff...

Beale likes this.
  2. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Sounds nice. I asked my wife to try my pipe. She said women don't smoke pipes.

3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Both our friend Briar Annie and Ruff's wife would take issue with that, I'm sure.

4. Beale

Beale Active Member

Sweet! Enjoy the Smoke! Beale.

5. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

:-O !!!!

6. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

You better believe I would!!!

You could get her a "ladies" pipe like a Peterson Belgique or Butz Choquin makes a whole line of women's pipes that are nice smokers.

Snake, HCraven and Beale like this.
  7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I smoked Stonehaven for the first time this year as well. I love it and would say it is in my top 10 favorite tobaccos.

ps
    I bought my wife a nice little Virprati pipe a couple of years ago. It was smaller, but still would hold a decent sized amount of tobacco. I also bought her some mango flavored aro she liked a lot. After the 3 oz of mango was gone, she gave me the pipe and said she would rather have a hit or two off whatever I'm smoking instead.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Glad you're diggin' the leaf Chuck! Enjoy!

Well, I know Puff smokes a Belgique now & then and also smokes a few Savinelli King's Cross "Featherweight" teeney pipes . Like 0.5 oz.

I enjoy the little ones as much as the biggun's ;)

Ed
    Puff

9. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

I was going to suggest the Sav. Kings cross. That was my first pipe years ago when I started pipe smoking. Paid $25 for it and I still think its the best pipe Ive owned. Cant seem to find them anymore though.
    Owned a teeny Peterson calabash and it smoked wayyy too hot. Very thin walls and actually burned my lip on it. Wanted to get the Belgique and was hoping its built differently from the calabash.

10. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I like small pipes. I have 2 Sav. Kings Cross, and even though they're small, they still take me almost an hour (50 mins.) to smoke. I've not had a problem with them being hot or anything. I should have gotten a couple more, I like churchwardens, and these are semi-wardens.

Also have a teeny Peterson calabash (looks like a bent Dublin to me) that I really enjoy, although it will heat up if I don't take it easy, it is one of my regulars.

As a matter of fact, these three usually make up 3/4 of my four pipe case when I leave home! One Sav. for aro's, one for non, Pete for PA or FMOTB.

Gonna have to get some Stonehaven to try in one! (Sorry to go so OT, but the coincidence was too striking not to comment.)

11. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Yea the kings cross' are hard to find now. I lost it when I moved and was so upset. Yea the calabash always got too hot...but I was new at it so maybe that was the issue.

FMOTB!! YAY....sorry...just had to. Its good stuff ;-) I cant find stonehaven anywhere......

-A

12. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Annie, I understand Savinelli is no longer marketing King's Cross Pipes. Don't know the full scoop on them. They are great little pipes and smoke exceptionally considering their diminutive size. The Belgique does get hot if you let it but fairly strict fire tending keeps things cool. Don't own a Pete c-bash so I don't know but I've always thought it's bowl was way too small.

Ed
    Puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.