Stonehaven (lookin' fer sum) and my first post..

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by TheEther, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEther

TheEther Member

Looooong time lurker, first time poster... .and sorry that my first post has to me with my hat in my hand.

Blast, I'm out of my last bit -o- Stonehaven. Thought I had a line on some, but that ghost-like stuff done gone and disappeared on me... ;-) If anyone knows there there might be a 8 ouncer to two, I'd be grateful.

I'm looking to maybe pick up some IRW Virginia Flake too, if you've had experience with it, I'd be interested to hear.

I mostly smoke virginia's and burleys after graduating from aromatics and still have a nice bit of FVF SGBB and the like, but I really do enjoy the subtlety of treacle.

I do appreciate the community here.. seems there's very little ego here, that's most refreshing.

Thanks all!

B

Mark w4mms likes this.
  2. woody

woody Admin Admin

Just for clarity, we do not allow buying or selling tobacco on the forum. Hopefully someone will know of a Etailer that has some in stock.

Welcome to PSF :puffy:

3. woody

woody Admin Admin

TheEther likes this.
  4. TheEther

TheEther Member

Just called them, apparently they had a hiccup with their website and it shouldn't say it's in stock.. Thanks for the quick find though!

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Welcome to PSF!

6. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Welcome aboard, and good luck finding some Stonehaven.

7. woody

woody Admin Admin

Maybe someone has some for trade in the trading forum?

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

4 Noggins has some in their "Consignment Tins"....$59.95/8 oz.

Ed
    Puff

9. aircoder

aircoder Member

Been trying to acquire some for over a year and a half now, but i just can't see spending $60 bucks for it. Dam good stuff though.

10. TheEther

TheEther Member

Yeah, I'm probably out at 60 bucks.. Even Iwan Ries is about 10 bucks high on it when in stock.. But I do enjoy it...

11. TheEther

TheEther Member

Also, the 4 noggins tins are out of stock too ;-)

12. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Ebay is always a last ditch but fairly high prices. Since youre both "out" at $60, best not bother with ebay....although i did snag a bag (sealed) for $31 shipped off the bay. I guess everyone was asleep or it was sort of hidden...no pictures and i'm sure that steered a few potential bidders away. My gain. Of course it was my gamble too.

Ed
    Puff

13. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

If you guys check the etailers regularly, you should find it. I've purchased a pound of Stonehaven and a pound of Penzance each over the past year. I got the Penzance from one place for $32 per 8 oz bag. Stonehaven was at two different places- 1 had 8oz for $32 the other had it for $38.

If you have a B&M in the area or even some place you travel to, you might ask if they can order it. I visit Houston now and then and had them order it for me the first time I ordered it.

14. telltime

telltime Active Member

I agree with most assessments here... it's not impossible to find. Difficult, yes. Expensive, yes. But not impossible.

I also scored a pound of it off the bay (along with a pound of Penzance, which I don't smoke), but it was a package deal.

I'll eventually either learn to love Latakia (doubtful) or trade off the Penzance (more likely), but, again, I wanted the Stonehaven and was willing to make the sacrifice.

If you really want the Stonehaven, keep looking and then be willing to pay. You'll get it.

15. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

IRC's VA Flake is a close approximation to Dunhill Flake(GAF, for short...:)). If you haven't the pleasure of either, well...i think it's worth it, let's just say.

Welcome to PSF!

(Just to discount my opinion in your eyes a smidge, I think Stonehaven is a yawner. Ye be warned!) :D

TheEther likes this.
  16. TheEther

TheEther Member

Appreciate the info on the IRC VA Flake, never had the dunhill but will give it try it (IRC) soon! Yin, no discount whatsoever. I tend to like that little sweetness and the full mouthfeel of the Stonehaven.. but there's lots of toby out there and I'm still truly looking for my go-to blends..

17. TheEther

TheEther Member

Telltime, I've never learned to like Lat's either.. I looked in my stash and I also have a can of penzance (with 2-4 flake strips missing) left.. I'd be more than happy to part with it. I bought it back when I was learning about the different styles of toby and everyone said it was so good. Different strokes for sure..

18. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Hang on to the Penzance, bubba...it'll either grow on you, or make good trade bait. :)

TheEther likes this.
  19. TheEther

TheEther Member

Will do Yin! Thx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.