1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Storing Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Badcompany, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Hello Forum,
    I think it would be a good idea to make a sticky / list on tobacco's that is best stored in Mason jars and tobacco's that should be stored in there tins.I'm sure with all the knowledge on this forum we can create a very interesting topic, Which will help many people.
  2. Brian

Brian Member

Oct 26, 2009
    There isn't really a need, as far as I know, for a comprehensive list of tobaccos. There are only two categories:

1. Sealed tins -- just keep on storing them in the sealed tin.

2. Opened tins -- put the tobacco in a mason jar if you aren't going to smoke it all up immediately (in a couple of weeks).
  3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Well all I can say is I store all kinds all ways. Never really knew that there was a difference in the way aros are stored only that age won't really help or hurt aros. On the other hand Va's seem to consistently improve with age. The others......not so much.

Aging works best in sealed tin, but I buy mostly bulk which goes into jars. Sealed tins remain sealed and stored in the tin until it is opened.
  4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Absolutely spot-on according to Mr G.L. Pease and advice I've followed myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.