1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange figural pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by DLWJohn, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLWJohn

DLWJohn Member

Been a little while since I've posted on the forums here, but I'm still smoking and collecting. Just havent had much of a chance to be online out taking advantage of the summer. While out and about yesterday I passed by an antique store not too far from me that I havent had a chance to look around in for a few years. Found this strange little guy in there, it was just too interesting for me to pass up, even with the $19 price tag. Its not briar, but it is some sort of harder wood, not sure what exactly. It had a piece of copper pipe in the bowl that I took out. I saw that at first and thought maybe this was intended to smoke other kinds of things besides tobacco, but theres a definate smell of one of the old OTC blends in it. I started to clean it up but I'm not sure if I want to smoke it. I might just get a stem made for it and keep it to display. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Raffxr7 likes this.
  2. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

That's pretty unique. I would have bought it too. Is it supposed to be an animal or a demon?

3. DLWJohn

DLWJohn Member

Looks to be some sort of demon/devil or something similar, the tag they had on it in the store said "mytholigical creature". I tried a couple google searches to see if it might be something from greek or norse myths or something like that but no luck so far.

4. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I love it, it is exactly what I need to give children nightmares!

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Looks like Rewster enjoying a fat cigar! :D

6. Dubh Brack

Dubh Brack Member

^ hahaha, never would have pictures that until you said it...

7. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

On another note, I can cut a tenon to fit a stem to it. I have a few dozen pre shaped stems that I can cut, and adjust to fit further. I am not yet cutting from rod-stock, but I do have access to a wood and metal lathe. We share tools at the family farm, so long as I am not running a chainsaw or sighting in a rifle in the front yard of my parents corner of the property.... we all get along and share well. lol.

8. DLWJohn

DLWJohn Member

I ended up using a stem from another pipe I didnt care for, and carved out a wood stem for it to turn it into a churchwarden. This things not my cup of tea so its now up on ebay if anyones interested.

[​IMG]

Raffxr7 likes this.
  9. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

It's too bad my wife would not let me keep that pipe in the house, or I'd be going for it. Nice work on the stem and shank extension!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.