1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Strawberry Wood

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

So there have been a few threads regarding pear wood pipes in the past. And morta, of course. And probably a few regarding olivewood pipes.

It seems just when I seem to have heard most of the materials used out there....

Strawberry wood? What the heck is strawberry wood?

I first became aware of it's existence a few weeks ago. I still know virtually nothing about it.

Enlighten me! Never heard of a strawberry tree, myself....last I checked strawberry was a little leafy plant growing close to the ground, nothing woody about it at all.

2. furious

furious Junque collector

I know nothing about it and am very interested too. All I have are some nice apple wood and rhododendron pipes from WWII.

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

4. Nate

Nate Member

It's not from the same plant as the strawberry fruit is harvested. Strawberry wood is in the same family as briar, just a little different configuration. The grain is less than desirable for smooth but is stellar for blasts. See example :D

[​IMG]

Raffxr7, Rodfather and SouthBound like this.
  5. Nate

Nate Member

Oh yes, also...the characteristics are extremely similar to briar. Seems to have nearly the same density, but be a bit lighter. It is a pretty cool material to manipulate!

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Thanks, Nate. I like learning this arcane kind of info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.