1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Strong in tin smell?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jomodeere, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Hey all,
    I just received some toby today and I was wondering what you guys think about the in-tin smell! The tobys are Pembroke and McConnells Oriental... I haven't had a chance to smoke them yet but to me they smell like a dried sharpie marker! I like it! What do you guys/gals think?
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    Pembroke is weird... it's like if you mixed burning tires and vomit and... flowers.

Oriental blends will often have a sharp spicy/pungent sort of smell to them.

At any rate, tin note has basically nothing to do with how a tobacco will smoke.
  3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

Orientals are often described as having a "sweet and sour" smell. As has been said however you don't get the true sensation of what the tobaccos going to be like till you light it up.

Happy smoking!

4. rphillips

rphillips Member

Nov 29, 2010
    So you like the smell of a dry sharpie... Hmmm.... I see you have more hobbys than just pipe smoking.

My tins of McClellends smell like tomato soup. All of them. I'm trying to figure out what makes them all smell like that, regardless of the mixture they all seem t smell like ketchup. its sort of repulsive, but the tobacco smells wonderful when lit and tastes just as good so I dont care much if it does smell like a bottle of Hunts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.