1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Strong Latakia?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Longbottom Leaf, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longbottom Leaf

Longbottom Leaf Member

Is there a latakia blend out there with a strong nic hit:beck:? Most the ones on TR are rated medium to strong. I want strong to very strong, anybody have any ideas?

2. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Captain Earle's Ten Russians. I haven't tried it, but I hear it packs a punch.

3. Waino

Waino Active Member

I have smoked 100% latakia but latakia itself is not very strong (except the muddy smoke -taste). Use perique to give kick. Best mixture to me is 60% latakia, 20% virginia, 10% perique and rest... Black Cavendish and/or Oriental. Increasing the amount of perique you can make its stronger.

Actually there is one favour to me already: Paul Olsen My Own Blend Haddock.

Ten Russians sounds good. Have to try it.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I've heard this about Ten Russians...I'd also add that the grapevine says C&D's Billy Budd has a definite hit to it too.

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Penzance. Especially when smoked on an empty stomach.

6. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

Ten Russians and Stimulus Package (both under the Capt. Earles line) bring both the latakia and the nicotine in a big way (and make it into my regular rotation). Dunhill Nightcap isn't bad either, a nice latakia hit with the healthy dose of perique to sooth the soul.

7. Longbottom Leaf

Longbottom Leaf Member

Thanks for the recommendations! I will keep this in mind for my next order:th1:.

8. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

Captain Earl's Ten Russians and Old Ironsides

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.