Stuck for hours.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Linus, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

Tomorrow im of for a visit in my dear old Sweden, wich means i´ll be stuck on a ferry for 3,5 hours, i sure hope my peterson pipe and "dansk" black vanilla will keep my thougts of the the boredom for a while :bing:

Ted Vig, Rodfather, prole and 2 others like this.
  2. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Smoking a pipe on a ferry sounds cool!
    Be safe!

Ted Vig, IrishRover and Linus like this.
  3. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Pipe + boat + sea air.. play at being a pirate to pass the time!

....that's what I'd do...

Safe travels

Ted Vig, BigJ, IrishRover and 4 others like this.
  4. Linus

Linus Member

Thanks Baccy Bert =)

Hmm, i guess they got rum on the boat *hahaha* i better make myself an eyepatch =)

5. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

If there's a bar and you've got a pipe you're not stuck.:dkn:

Mington and Jay like this.
  6. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

It could be worse. I'll be stuck behind a computer working all weekend trying to meet impossible deadlines.

7. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pleasant way to pass a few hours. Hope that you have a windcap for the Peterson.

8. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Just be less precise, and double the safety factor of all you calculations :)

9. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

It actually sounds like a great time... The idea of sailing between the two countries sounds amazing!!
    Enjoy your journey...

10. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

That sounds tempting. I'm designing plumbing, air conditioning, lighting and power for a railway station in Cheyenne, WY and a ginormus apartment complex in Joplin, MO. The owners might get upset if their projects cost twice as much as they should.:(

dwaugh likes this.
  11. Linus

Linus Member

Oh, the trip was fine, and thanks to the "smokingarea" (outdoors but but allmost as indoors and maybe 100-150 squareyards) on the ferry i could puff away for a good 45 minutes or so, before i grabbed something to eat instead =) good wether, a good weiv, and alltering music (from heavy metal to the inkspots) possibly the best smoke for a long time =)

Ted Vig and Mington like this.
  12. Linus

Linus Member

That sounds horrible =(

13. Linus

Linus Member

Well, there is a bar, back im holding back on drinking for a few years, i do drink but not much and it´s not unussuall that i dont have a drink for a couple of months =)
    on the other hand im a sucker for redbull XD

14. Linus

Linus Member

Haha, well, thats the easyest way "home" from here, it´s not very far but the ferry´s aint speeding XD

15. Hudson

Hudson Member

I was trying to figure out which ferry would take 3.5 hours . . . I've taken the one from Helsingor to Helsinborg but I remember it as being rather short (but it has been nearly 40 years, YIKES!) and going all the way around to Stockholm looks like a much longer trip.

16. Linus

Linus Member

It´s the Fredrikshavn-Gothenburgh =) it´s allways timed to 3hours and 15minutes, on the other hnd it allways arrive a bit late *hahaha*
    Varberg-Grenaa take about the same time =) if i recall right Helsingborg-Helsingör takes somewhere around 20 minutes =)

17. Hudson

Hudson Member

I see it now. We were headed to Gothenburg to pick up Gandalf, our new Volvo 142 on which we proceeded to put 26,000 miles touring Europe over the next year. We also took the Newcastle-Bergen and Stockholm-Turku ferries on that trip. Think it may be time to go back.

If you haven't seen it, the art museum in Aalborg by Alvar Aalto is a masterful work of controlling daylight. He's still what I want to be when I grow up.

Tack

Linus likes this.
  18. len smetona

len smetona Member

You could use some Skiff mixture, or Navy flake?

19. Linus

Linus Member

I hear you´re quiet familiar with northern europe =) i´ve never been to Aalborg museum, maybe i should, it´s only an hour drive to get there.
    The Volvo 142 was an awsome car, there´s a few still rolling =) myself i´ve only had a 244, 744 and a 945 =) but i must say i prefer old american cars =)

20. Linus

Linus Member

I only brought some "black vanilla" flakes, was´nt gone be away from home very long so i tried to travel light =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.