1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid Interwebs, tempting me to buy things

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by pottsy, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pottsy

pottsy Member

I was browsing Smokingpipes.com, and came across 2 I really like. I know I need to expand my pipe collection. Opinions?

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/brebbia/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=68766

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/denmark/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=67576

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

IMO I would go with the Brebbia...SP also got a Brebbia bent bulldog in that same price range. Either way, adding another pipe to herd is never a bad thing.

Rugs

3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Yeah, I'd go with the Brebbia too and smokingpipes has a lot of slick looking Brebbias in that price range. Personally I'd go with this one:
    [​IMG]

Whenever I make a pipe purchase, and especially when a pipe is this affordable, I always think about how I'll have it for the rest of my life and that makes pulling the trigger a heck of a lot easier.

4. pottsy

pottsy Member

That one is nice also. I like the aluminum on the other one though.

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Id go with the stanwell, for 2 reasons, 1 i love chruchwardens, 2 it can be smoked as both so you can take it on the go.

6. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

I like the look of the Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen.
    I have never smoked a Stanwell but I like the long stem

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

The aluminum makes it look really cool and modern, plus you won't have to worry about scorching the rim.

I'd say go for it, and if you add a tin or two of tobacco you'll get free shipping.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Tough decision..........easier to grab both and really see which one is "it" but I kind of feel that both would be excellent smokers. I'm glad I don't have to decide. I'd end up picking one, one moment, and then, the other, yet another moment. It's a coin toss IMO. Best wishes........ :wub: Get 'em both! :velho:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I'd say... wait another week and see what shows up at your house, Pottsy. :wub:

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'd go w/ the stanwell . Those metal around the rim things I've allways been able to taste . Maybe just my luck .

11. pottsy

pottsy Member

Hmmmm, I'd say ok.

12. Twan013

Twan013 Member

tough call indeed. If I had the money both would be in my collection. I like short squatty pipes, AND churchwardens. Either way its a lose lose situation because I can't have either.. :wub:

13. pottsy

pottsy Member

Durn. Well, maybe someday? I just thought they were both neat designs, and completely different. Price wise, not the worst I have seen, but yeah, I understand budgets to.

As for the churchwarden thing. I am on the fence with those. Some I like, some I don't. That particular one, really jumped out at me.

14. hoss

hoss Member

I have a Stanny-warden and love it. One of two, actually. I spent some time with my Askwith warden today and a bowl of Burley #1. I'm still experimenting with them to find their baccy of choice.

Whatever you decide - or if your mail box renders you something before you do - ENJOY!

15. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

The Hans Christian Andersons are really nice. I have one myself and it is a favorite. I'm very surprised to see that one listed for only $95. That's a steal imo.

Edit: of course mine doubles as a calabash so it was a bit more expensive.

16. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

I like the Brebbia. Just my opinion.

17. raisingale

raisingale Member

Brebbia for me. I have a small Brebbia and love it. It's still one of my favorites. I love the silver rim on that one too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.