Stupid Me (bitten)

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Ephraim, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

So I spent most of Saturday recovering from smoking WAY too many pipes on Friday.
    Woke up Saturday morning with my mouth and taste buds scorched. Not so much painful as numb, but I had to refrain from smoking more than my morning pipe (even that wasn't smart). I did end up rolling a few cigs however.

Anyway I'm back on the pipe wagon today with no problems. Just a reminder to myself not to get carried away on Friday nights, no matter how mild the tobacco may be :) They can all bite if pushed.

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

It's always wise not to overindulge. And yeah, the harder you puff, the hotter the smoke gets and the more likely it is to cause mouth sores, etc. We've all done it now and then - that's how we learned! ;)

Mark Dawson, YAPPG and Ephraim like this.
  3. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good afternoon Dmkerr.
    Yeah the thing is I learned that lesson years ago. I was essentially chain smoking in pipe form :)
    Whats funny is that 10 years ago I wouldn't have taken a day off, I would have just smoked through it. But I'm not getting any younger, as my tongue reminded me.

KleinToit, Mark Dawson and YAPPG like this.
  4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Then, too, it may also be that your tobacco is trying to tell you something. Depends on the blends also lots of non- aros don't bite no matter how hard you smoke.

KleinToit and Ephraim like this.
  5. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

I think that a good tongue scorcher night is somewhat of a right of passage. Your tongue will get used to it, or stronger, or something and before long you can smoke all you want with minimal adverse effects.

Lucky Duck and Ephraim like this.
  6. cmkiefer

cmkiefer Member

I do this to myself on the weekends sometimes. During the week I get maybe two bowls in a day and on the weekend I can overindulge and get burned. :eek:

Ephraim likes this.
  7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Thanks for the replies.

I'm just glad it didn't last more than a day.
    Puffing just fine today :puffy:

8. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

I've learned most blends taste significantly better if they are smoked slowly. That's enough incentive for me!

Yankee Bill and Ephraim like this.
  9. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

If this Monday was any indication of the rest of the week I might be doing the same thing this weekend.

Ephraim likes this.
  10. 12GA

12GA Member

Yup, I do it myself on the weekends - start puffing fast and furious - especially if I'm out workin in the yard - one bowl after another. At first I'm like this :bing: then I'm like this :toast: and pretty soon I'm like this :dkn:and in the mornin' I'm like this :bbaby:

Ephraim, YAPPG and Squidpanda like this.
  11. KleinToit

KleinToit Member

Anything other than a STRONG latakia blend and I am toast. Got stuck on a very boring job the other day and only had one of my 'beater' pipes with me and went through about 10 bowls in 4 hours LAT and was fine. Any other blend and it takes about 3 to make everything taste like tobacco, (Johnny Walker virginia blend aint to bad mind you)... It takes me about two days to get back to normal

Ephraim and YAPPG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.