1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Success at last!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by F1guy, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raf66

raf66 Member

Congrats on discovering that "aha" moment. You'll learn over time what works best for you. And sometimes what worked well one time (or many times) can't be replicated. That's the nature of pipe smoking. We're always trying to get that next "aha".

Oh, and by the way, as others have already said, like what you smoke and smoke what you like. There's absolutely no hard-and-fast rule that says you must smoke the most expensive blends. Some of the most ardent and experienced pipe smokers only smoke OTCs.

2. conroygc

conroygc Member

Congrats! Pipe smoking is great. When I'm starting with a new tobacco, I don't pack it in the pipe at all, I just drop it into the pipe until the pipe is full. I think this is called a gravity fill. Then I push the loose tobacco just to the point where it's not spilling over the pipe, and light up. I can tamp and play around with it to find the sweet spot where it stays lit, but not too tight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.