Sugar works

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Graham R, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graham R

Graham R Member

Here's the scene, I haven't eaten, I go to my favourite smoking lounge in Chicago with a colleague for a couple of bowls, he busts out the Irish Flake, I'm hesitant but fill up and light up, then 8 guys walk in with churchill maduro cigars and fire them up, there is no ventilation, its boiling hot, and the Flake kicks me HARD in the guts with Vit N. Two bowls in this environment, I was doing ok, but I feel the sweats coming on bad and I'm getting dizzy. Why didn't I just stop???

Going back to the office I'm not in a good way, think I'm gonna spew, head is not connected to feet, dizzy and sweating, can't cool down.

Heard about the sugar method, at 13.05 I'm panicking as have an important call for 13.30 and I'm messed up, load up a French Vanilla coffee and load 5 sachets of sugar into it, down that followed by another, struggle hard to hold it down, 13.14 I'm not good..................

............13.18 I could have run a marathon and feel absolutely perfect. Haven't looked back since, had the call and did great, could even go for another one now.

It works gents, next time you don't want to wimp out and run yourself into the Poor House like I did, smash back loads of sugar and the turnaround is miraculous.

GR

Albert, David Emond, Summit and 4 others like this.
  2. Tate

Tate Member

Awesome first hand report. I've written about the sugar method several times, but in a recent thread some people brought up some interesting scientific facts that on the surface seemed to refute it. However, it has worked every time for me.

Johnny Dingo and Taco like this.
  3. Taco

Taco Member

:msty:

user3610 likes this.
  4. Graham R

Graham R Member

It stayed away too, no slump or crash.

Damn that Flake was good, even though it put me on Rough Street so badly.

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  5. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

There's a cigar shop here in Denver that keeps a HUGE jar of bubblegum on the counter for that very reason. I've gotten nic-kicked hard by a few stogies and used sugar to counter attack the affects. Haters be damned, because it works for me!

6. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Yeah, I can only do a TINY bowl of the Irish. Thanks for this tip. I'd not yet heard it.

...hrm, I've only been able to do a tiny bowl. Maybe just need to sweeten up a bit and get a big bowl :D

7. Graham R

Graham R Member

I can stomach anything once its well ventilated/outdoors and I've eaten. What screws me up is if I'm on an empty stomach and cannot breath without inhaling smoke, hence the smoking indoors in a hot enclosed space on an empty stomach did me in. This is definitely good to remember though, it was miraculous, the transformation came in 45 seconds, like wolverine or bane recovering from a beatdown.

Taco likes this.
  8. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

I will have to give this a try. The irish gave me a beat down a while back too.

9. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

This happened to me once with MM965. I just ate a pack of sugar and it worked.

cobbsmoker likes this.
  10. Graham R

Graham R Member

Its latakia send people over the edge it seems, I've never heard of anyone getting messed up from an aro.

It almost happened me the other night with some Sextant. Had my Magnum Opus fix, thought I would have another and loaded a big bowl of Sextant, and halfway through the hungry tiger was inching towards me with menace, and the fear was setting in. Put the pipe down, went inside, chugged a Coca-Cola and straight-shot 3 sugar cubes, waited 6 and a half minutes and the rejuvenation was complete, and went back out and carried on with the Sextant without even having to relight.

Miraculous.

11. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Sugar and smoking is like a greasy breakfast after a rough night of drinking. It just makes it all better.

12. Tate

Tate Member

Depends on the hangover. If its headache, you chug sports drinks all day and pop an excedrin. If its a stomach hangover you eat some Popeyes and drink a beer.

When my best buddy's younger brother turned 21 we threw him a huge party. He'd never been a drinker. That night he had way over his limit and he called us the next day at like 4pm to ask his brother, "When does this hell end?" We went over there right away with a bag of fried chicken and a six pack of beer. He took one look at us and started to try to insult us between heaving. "You can't be serious." After the first drumstick and a greasy biscuit he choked down the beer. Its really like magic. One hour later he was feeling better. At first most people can't believe it works since the thought of greasy food when you're queasy is so counter intuitive.

BigJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.