Sutliff Molto Dolce

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pschoppy48, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I just popped a tin and wow! it was a wet blend. I loaded a pipe full and got great flavor, but it was hard to keep lit. I started drying this blend out. Anyone ever try this blend? How did you dry this one out.

2. kb7get

kb7get Member

It is one of the few I did not bother to dry out. I did not have much trouble keeping it lit from the start with a fresh can. Supprised the heck out of me. Having only 1 can of it I took a few months to smoke it. Treating myself a bowl every week or so. It popped and snapped a few times when I first lit it but then settled down to a nice creamy smoke. No more relights than usual with it.

3. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I am going to give it another try with a different packing method.

4. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I finished the Pete that had this blend in it since yesterday and it did manage to stay lit. Not a bad blend.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I dont have much trouble w/ keeping the Sutliff blends going . It could be yours is real fresh . It's a good blend but I think they have better ones . The St. George is a stellar Aro and the South Seas taste great also . Their match blends to the old blends that are gone are fantastic ! Some better than the original

6. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I tried their "A Taste of Summer" last evening and found it wonderful. The Peach flavor really came through and I had no trouble keeping it lit.

7. ruffinogold

Oh yeah , that one does taste just like a peach !! Have you tried their CD [ Country Doctor ] match ? If you like that type of smoke , it's fantastic

8. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I enjoy CD when HoW was putting it out. I may have to give it a try. Here's an interesting site of the Sutliff line:

http://altadispipe.com/sutliff/aromatic

9. ruffinogold

I think the Sutliff CD blend outshines The H.O.W. blend by far . It's really an amazing blend . The Altadis site is awesome ... I started counting the blends one day but got distracted . They have a ton of blends . The z50 Black Cordial is probably the best Balck Cavendish blend there is . I always say it's what CB dreams about being .

10. winterland

winterland Member

Sutliff Molto Dolce in a MM straight cob. First time trying this tobacco. Had to let the tin air out for a week. It smelled so strong and was wet. I am liking it so far. It left blotter marks on the paper I had it drying on.

11. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I got a tin of this with Nick's collection and I cracked it open the other day. In a way, that caramel-y-ness is reminiscent of a flake I love, but it has the easy of pack and go. Definitely very moist -- there was a lot of crackle and pop when I was lighting this up! Once it was going, though, I didn't have too much trouble, either. Two or three relights over the course of the bowl. An aro I definitely won't mind revisiting, at least through this tin.

12. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I smoked a tin a little while ago, it never really seemed to dry out in the open tin, even after a couple of months it still crackled and popped when I lit it. Not a bad aro though, so I just packed lightly and fired it up. It was my go-to morning smoke for a good while.

13. cityhick

cityhick Member

Im stuck on thier Maple Street right now. I would like to say its part of my rotation but I havent been rotating bleds at all. Ive been smoking Maple Street almost exclusively for the last couple weeks. I picked up two more tins just the other day.

Pschoppy48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.