1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sutliff Molto Dolce

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pschoppy48, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I just popped a tin and wow! it was a wet blend. I loaded a pipe full and got great flavor, but it was hard to keep lit. I started drying this blend out. Anyone ever try this blend? How did you dry this one out.

2. kb7get

kb7get Member

It is one of the few I did not bother to dry out. I did not have much trouble keeping it lit from the start with a fresh can. Supprised the heck out of me. Having only 1 can of it I took a few months to smoke it. Treating myself a bowl every week or so. It popped and snapped a few times when I first lit it but then settled down to a nice creamy smoke. No more relights than usual with it.

3. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I am going to give it another try with a different packing method.

4. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I finished the Pete that had this blend in it since yesterday and it did manage to stay lit. Not a bad blend.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I dont have much trouble w/ keeping the Sutliff blends going . It could be yours is real fresh . It's a good blend but I think they have better ones . The St. George is a stellar Aro and the South Seas taste great also . Their match blends to the old blends that are gone are fantastic ! Some better than the original

6. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I tried their "A Taste of Summer" last evening and found it wonderful. The Peach flavor really came through and I had no trouble keeping it lit.

7. ruffinogold

Oh yeah , that one does taste just like a peach !! Have you tried their CD [ Country Doctor ] match ? If you like that type of smoke , it's fantastic

8. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I enjoy CD when HoW was putting it out. I may have to give it a try. Here's an interesting site of the Sutliff line:

http://altadispipe.com/sutliff/aromatic

9. ruffinogold

I think the Sutliff CD blend outshines The H.O.W. blend by far . It's really an amazing blend . The Altadis site is awesome ... I started counting the blends one day but got distracted . They have a ton of blends . The z50 Black Cordial is probably the best Balck Cavendish blend there is . I always say it's what CB dreams about being .

10. winterland

winterland Member

Sutliff Molto Dolce in a MM straight cob. First time trying this tobacco. Had to let the tin air out for a week. It smelled so strong and was wet. I am liking it so far. It left blotter marks on the paper I had it drying on.

11. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I got a tin of this with Nick's collection and I cracked it open the other day. In a way, that caramel-y-ness is reminiscent of a flake I love, but it has the easy of pack and go. Definitely very moist -- there was a lot of crackle and pop when I was lighting this up! Once it was going, though, I didn't have too much trouble, either. Two or three relights over the course of the bowl. An aro I definitely won't mind revisiting, at least through this tin.

12. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I smoked a tin a little while ago, it never really seemed to dry out in the open tin, even after a couple of months it still crackled and popped when I lit it. Not a bad aro though, so I just packed lightly and fired it up. It was my go-to morning smoke for a good while.

13. cityhick

cityhick Member

Im stuck on thier Maple Street right now. I would like to say its part of my rotation but I havent been rotating bleds at all. Ive been smoking Maple Street almost exclusively for the last couple weeks. I picked up two more tins just the other day.

Pschoppy48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.