1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sutliff new site

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

This is a new Sutliff site , It appears that the Altadis name is no where to be seen , which makes sense given the purchase by McBaren . I don't see any changes in anything yet ... except a new website ..............

http://www.sutliff-tobacco.com/home.html

ruffinogoldswife and JimInks like this.
  2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Theres a nifty little "Find Your Perfect Blend" quiz on there...I ended up with CD Blend. I am already a fan of their R-Blend...

3. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

My favorites are the Balkan Supreme and Golden Age. Awesome blends.:D

ruffinogold likes this.
  4. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

So Altadis is out of pipe tobacco totally now? Will their match blends be Sutliff?...

5. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Interesting...I never knew what kind of shirts, movies and sports I like had any connection on what blends I liked.

ruffinogoldswife and Coda like this.
  6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I thought that too...but CD Blend is right up my alley. Now, if it had spit out some aro, I would have doubted the validity of the test...

Ephraim likes this.
  7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Definitely a neat test.
    I ended up with Kentucky Planter, a Burley blend. Very interesting, as I do love Burleys.

ruffinogold likes this.
  8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

At least the site isn't ageist. I entered an 8 instead of a 9 in the year of birth section and it let me in. I must be the oldest customer to enter the site.

ruffinogold and ruffinogoldswife like this.
  9. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

The test was on the money. Interesting

ruffinogold likes this.
  10. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

My buddy directed me to that site when they first put it up. I liked the tobacco chooser as well. Neat stuff.

I have to get my hands on some CD Blend. Mr Mayor spoke pretty highly of the stuff.

ruffinogold likes this.
  11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I got Fox and hound?

ruffinogold likes this.
  12. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

I've tried a number of the Sutliff tobaccos and found many of them to be moist out of the can. I just loaded up and smoked them. For me they lit easily and burned great with no relights. I don't quite remember Molte Dolce off hand, but the only blend I had any trouble with was Man's Best Friend. I'm with Ruff and don't dry tobacco unless it's FireDance.:D

ruffinogold and Thuber88 like this.
  13. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

ruffinogold likes this.
  14. ruffinogold

Keep in mind that the Sutliff blends may say .. " a Burley blend " .. but they're meaning burley Cavendish , not Wessex Burley . The ones that aren't Cavendish based so much are the Match blends , which are as good as it gets . I love the CD blend better than any version I've had of Country Doctor . Their R blend is better than the last Revelation that was out .

I don't know what the fuss with Molto Dolce is .. it's a fine blend but I didn't find it so much better than any of their other aros , many of which are very good .I'm almost out of ST. George , which was my favorite aro they make . South Seas was one of the better ones as well . Taste of Summer was a Fantastic Peach tasting aro [ best peach flavor yet ] but it had no nicotine that I could tell .. same with Great Outdoors , it was a good flavor but no nicotine

It seems that way . I think the Sutliff line was sold as their entire Pipe Tobacco dept . I'm not really sure , just guessin

Ephraim and Thuber88 like this.
  15. ruffinogold

Thuber88 likes this.
  16. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

I want to see the rolling tobacco become available in the USA. Especially the Zware which is a all Dark Fired Kentucky. That would spice up any pipe tobacco. Yum

17. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

I took the test and ended up with Molto Dolce. Gonna have to try some.

18. mugwump

mugwump Member

I've looked over the site and my beloved Count Pulaski blend is nowhere to be found. If it was removed from the extensive tobacco lineup in favor of yet another new aromatic I'll be livid. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy aros but how many rum-based blends does one need?

19. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

I think it was just the Sutliff brand they bought. So, that should leave all the Altadis bulk blends that they still have.

20. ruffinogold

I'm not sure but I don't think so . I think all of Altadis pipe mfg was sold as Sutliff . I say that cause on a cigar site I read a link that said Altadis sold it that way to MB ... but I don't really know

KingsTarantula likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.