Sutliff new site

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tate

Tate Member

I took their quiz and rated my preference for latakia as "hate" and yet it suggested a lat blend. I think their thing might be a little broken.

Spam and Ephraim like this.
  2. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

So I caved and finally took the test. It came out with Molto Dulce. I think it's been almost 5 bowls since I haven't smoked anything but Molto Dulce. So, I would say that test is spot on!

Ephraim likes this.
  3. scopawl

scopawl Member

I took the test and got No 5, which is handy, because I've got a tin of it already. (I've currently got too many open tins to really justify opening it right now though)

4. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

I am going to ask that buddy of mine about Altadis bulk blends being sold with Sutliff.....

KingsTarantula likes this.
  5. KingsTarantula

Thanks ArmedOctopus

6. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I took the test and listed hate latakia. My suggested tobacco was R-Blend. "This unique blend astounds with its dominant yet still subtle fruity notes. The base is an equally complex mixture of Burley, Virginia, Latakia, Perique, and Flake". Go figure.

7. ArmedOctopus

They still sell it at PipesandCigars and CupOJoes....

http://pipesandcigars.com/fobupitosa.html#.UaTp0NKsiSo

Also, my buddy told me that Sutliff is all the pipe tobacco bulk and private stock label. Apparently Altadis is just focusing on cigars.

8. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Mac Barens web site claims they bought Altadis. I think they got the whole pipe tobacco operation but I'm not sure who owns Altadis' cigarette & cigar business.

9. KingsTarantula

(scratches his head)

10. ArmedOctopus

At one time, Altadis and Sutliff were two separate companies. Altadis bought Sutliff. Since then, recently Sutliff broke off from them and became its own company again. Even more recent than that, they were bought by MacBaren. Weird stuff, but it means good things for all involved.

11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

These guys gave out probably 5,000 tins at Chicago, I kid you not. They were omnipresent and free for the taking, sitting at dinner settings, sitting in the smoking tent, laying around on tables. It was a stroke of genius, I thought, to get everyone a quick taste of a whole array of stuff and basically pocket/cellar whatever they enjoyed the most. It was really fun.

I enjoyed the light English, can't remember what it's called, Fox Hunter or something.... and some of the aromatics were intoxicating. The "Noir" was pretty nice.

12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Field Master was the English.

Also the Moulin Rouge which had an apple flavor - it was surprisingly good. I enjoyed a huge bowl of that right to the bottom.

13. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I think Sutliff was the main sponser for the CPS, wasn't it?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.