1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sutliff Private Stock - Great Outdoors

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by cardboardphone, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardboardphone

cardboardphone Member

Awhile back someone sent me a link to a free pipe tobacco sampling. I signed up on a whim, not really expecting much. I figured I didn't have much to lose, I live at a temporary address so I thought why not?

Imagine my surprise when I received a 1.5oz tin in the mail today! It looks like online it would run around $12, so probably in stores around me it would be closer to $15.

Ive never tried this blend before, plan on firing it up tomorrow. Just thought I would share my good(?) fortune.

EDIT: Here is the link to the site I got the sample from http://www.pipeshowonline.net/Request_Altadis.php

2. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I just got a full size tin of Blend No 5 from them today, didn't sign up for anything though.

Was the tobacco any good?

3. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I didn't much care for the No. 5 by itself, but mixed with some Prince Albert it yields a very nice blend.

4. cardboardphone

cardboardphone Member

I decided on trying a bowl and I am smoking it now. It has a really nice room note and smell but I can't taste much of it in my mouth.

I think it would benefit for some time to dry out before packing, I will be experimenting with it tomorrow some more. The reviews say it is very similar to a blend called 'Field and Stream' made by House of Windsor. This is my first foray into aromatics aside from one drugstore blend, and it is quite nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.