Sweet as Sugar

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Njemt527, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

Ok guys, need your advice on this. I've been smoking a pipe for about 6 months. My grandfather did it, and about the time I was trying to quit my chew habit, my mother found his old pipes and gave them to me as a keepsake. But anyway to the point.

I like my tobacco like I like my women and my burbon, sweet. The sweeter the better actually. I'm looking for a readily availble sweet tobacco to smoke. I live in Southern NJ. Online ordering is an option for me, but I'd perfer to try them before I buy a pound of the stuff. I smoke a local smoke shop blend called "Captain Hook". Somewhat sweet, and nothing like captain black. Any ideas or reccomendations? Thanks for the help in advanced!

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Sweetness comes in many forms....

Frog Morton is real sweet, but has a campfire taste some guys don't appreciate. But it's sweet as hell.

The Benjamin Hartwell tobaccos are all sweet as hell too. I love em, but they are actually too sweet for me.

Sweet and spicey - Club Blend from Mac Baren. Not quite as easy to smoke as the others I've posted, but worthwhile.

3. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

I've heard of it. What type of tobacco is it, and how is the room note. I have a picky girlfriend and gotta keep her happy.

4. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

SG Fire Dance! A room note that's sweet to the wimmin-folk and sweet & nutty to the driver!

Nat Sherman #307, a nice sweet and tasty burley-cav that also smells nice to the wimmins.

Best of luck on your quest, that's The Adventure! ;)

:)

Ed
    Puff

6. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Sutliff Maple Street is pretty sweet if you don't mind a maple/rum flavor, and your place smells like someone just had pancakes for breakfast. :)

7. nobler son

nobler son Member

I've heard good things about Sugar Barrel, and Boswell's Chocolate Cream is one I've been wanting to try for a while. Actually, you may want to take a look at the whole Boswell catalog.

8. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz Member

Park Lane Tobaccos "Red Paramoure"

http://www.parklanetobacconist.com/webstore/product_info.php?cPath=36_73&products_id=1772

An all Virginia blend comprised of Red Virginia ribbon, Gold flake, red and black matured Virginia cake tobaccos, enhanced with the slight addition of Perique and a scented Virginia flake. For the lover of straight Virginia blends, a smooth and naturally sweet mixture!

Its very sweet, I sent a few samples off to some buddies and they loved it.

available by the tin or bulk

Duke

9. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

lane BCA, easy to find, easy to smoke, fairly sweet but a decently complex flavor for a cavendish and dirt cheap.

btw how south is south jersey?

10. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

If you are looking for a good sweet smoke and willing to online order go to Milan Tobacconist.com and try there house blend aromatics......I have a few pounds of pne cellared and is an amazeing and sweet smoke its called Poochies Blend. But they have great house blends that have all master blenders on staff.

11. hagbard

hagbard Member

Yeah this is a tricky question. If all you are looking for is sweet, you have many options. But if you have other preferences they also need to be considered. I have found that many Stokkebye blends have a flavor like caramel lurking in there. It's just too broad a question to answer specifically I think.
    You could always dissolve some sugar in distilled water and spray it on any tobacco. :thumbsu: Probably not to different from what a lot of blenders do.

12. Johnny

Johnny Member

I would recommend that you look at a few etailers and get a little sampler together. Another good option is to give Cornell & Diehl a call, have a talk with them and they can put something together for you. There are lots and lots of different tobaccos out there and it's a lot of trial and error

13. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

Where can I find it and how big are tins? Tins are hard to find here and I don't want a tub till I can try it.

14. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

Not bad, better with a pipe. You from around here?

15. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i meant where in south jersey... its kinda a vague term. theres a member in the general camden area, and he'd be able to help you out with places to shop down there, if you're more in the trenton area i can give you some nudges in the right direction.

16. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Peterson Sweet Kilarney is pretty sweet. Too sweet for my tastes.

dp

17. ryan65

ryan65 Member

I've been to green tree in south jersey and its a good shop with a lounge and plenty of house blends, good selection of Mcclelland tins, heres the site My link

18. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz Member

Just click the link I included in the post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.