Sweet Mother of Pearl!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telltime

telltime Active Member

I've got several tins of OGS in the cellar, and I blame Puff for getting me hooked on (I mean introducing me to) this one.

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Forgive me my flake ignance, but what is GAF and who makes Capstan?

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

+1....WTF is GAF?... :dunno:

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

GAF is a flake toby produced by the biggest ugliest gorilla in captivity . His name is "Orlik" although he also answers to "Dunhill" but don't call him late for dinner! He'll sit on you if you do and that's how I discovered GAF! ;) I stole a flake right from his {we're not supposed to say on PSF} crack and smoked a bowl while I waited until that hairy, smelly beast got off of me!

GAF = Dunhill Flake

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

5. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

The Lane is a good shop.....I've bought plenty of pipes from them....baccy not so much.....but that just cause as much as I buy I'd be broke all the time. So on-line is my go to way to purchase baccy.

6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Capstan is another Orlik requisition. Sadly, only available in Europe and UK.
    Puff answered the GAF question a few posts ago.

dp

7. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

I've been pondering the Dunhill Flake......might have to pull the trigger on my next TAD.

8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

The OGS has me pondering all manner of flake. Unfortunately, I won't be buying too much of it from Tobacco Lane since their tobacco prices are way high. They had a tin of Peterson's University Flake for $26.99 that I can buy on line at Cup O' Joe for $9.60. However, Tobacco Lane seemed to have decent prices on their pipes.

9. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

I just finished a 100 g tin of it and I didn't like it. It wasn't bad but it seemed very bland. The tin note was good but when I lit up a pipefull it was like I was drawing hot air. Maybe I've gotten spoiled by aromatics and English/Balkan blends. If I can't find an aro or English blend I'll stick with Carter Hall.

10. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

OGS is a go-to blend for me, I really like the stuff. I like to fully rub it out and pack it medium loose in a large bowl. It has a really nice sweet, refreshing flavor, and just the right amount of nicotine to be satisfying but not overwhelming at all. Overall a great smoke in my opinion.

11. Redone

Redone Member

I got to try it last night. I love the tin smell but did not get the taste or smell in the room note..yet? Its early and I only had one pipeful, sometimes takes a few for a blend to hit me in the face or not. I do like how it smokes and the taste I got. It was kind of like a mild navy with ahint of sweetness. I was slightly disapointed.

12. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

No.....I never by tabc at a B/M.....to much $. But I've bought a number of pipes from there....when it comes to pipes I like being able to fondle the thing before I pull the trigger.:bing:

13. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Is it just me or does BluesGuy look like Popeye's long lost uncle Pipe-eye?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.