1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

SWR in a cob

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Goat, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Another trick I tried-stop smoking for a few days, maybe a week. Whatever you smoke after that will seem to have more flavor. It may be the trick to clearing your flavor pallet for SWR. I tried this on SWR and CH after some heavily cased aromatics. I haven't gone back to aromatics since, even smoker's pride black Cavendish tastes a LOT better. Heck, it's become my go-to smoke for the last week.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I like SWR, but I have to be careful when I smoke it...it has a tendency to bite me. I think its a body chemistry thing...

3. tungbite

tungbite Member

I tried an experiment. I loaded one cob with SWR and another with Carter Hall. I had bought a pouch of SWR and did not like the taste. I had a tub of CH which I obviously liked a lot. I thought by lighting them up side by side I would be able to tell the difference in taste.

Well, the taste I got from puffing on one pipe and then the other seemed to confuse me. It was like sipping two similar wines back to back and the flavors effecting each other. I still think I don't like the taste of SWR, but I can't precisely tell why. The only plain OTC tobaccos that I would buy again are Prince Albert and Carter Hall. I may try this experiment with other tobaccos one more time on a future day and earlier in the morning when my taste buds are rested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.