SWR in a cob

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Goat, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Another trick I tried-stop smoking for a few days, maybe a week. Whatever you smoke after that will seem to have more flavor. It may be the trick to clearing your flavor pallet for SWR. I tried this on SWR and CH after some heavily cased aromatics. I haven't gone back to aromatics since, even smoker's pride black Cavendish tastes a LOT better. Heck, it's become my go-to smoke for the last week.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I like SWR, but I have to be careful when I smoke it...it has a tendency to bite me. I think its a body chemistry thing...

3. tungbite

tungbite Member

I tried an experiment. I loaded one cob with SWR and another with Carter Hall. I had bought a pouch of SWR and did not like the taste. I had a tub of CH which I obviously liked a lot. I thought by lighting them up side by side I would be able to tell the difference in taste.

Well, the taste I got from puffing on one pipe and then the other seemed to confuse me. It was like sipping two similar wines back to back and the flavors effecting each other. I still think I don't like the taste of SWR, but I can't precisely tell why. The only plain OTC tobaccos that I would buy again are Prince Albert and Carter Hall. I may try this experiment with other tobaccos one more time on a future day and earlier in the morning when my taste buds are rested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.