1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

SYNCRO STEM BULLDOG/RHODESIAN

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by RTOdhner, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokingGun

SmokingGun Member

I'm not sure sure that's not a prince design, with more of a tomato bowl shape. For reference:
    [​IMG]
    Note how they mention that the only thing keeping it from being a prince is that the stem is not curved, which yours is.

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

My photo doesn't really show it too well, but my Syncro Stem pipe has the classic Rhodesian/Bulldog double band (two lines, one atop of the other, running around the circumference) cut into the top of the bowl, right where the tapered top joins the main part of the bowl. But you're right, it is very Prince-like and I'd go so far as to say that it's a Rhodesian-Prince hybrid.

It has a pretty big bowl for a Rhodesian, and it's a very flake-friendly pipe. MacB Club Blend (which is a roll-cake style toby) does really well in it. Roll Cake and flake are very similar in concept. Traditional flakes are rectangular in shape while roll cake tyle tobies come in medallion shaped slices. Both are rubbed out prior to being smoked. (Flake can also be smoked in the "fold and stuff" method).

3. SmokingGun

SmokingGun Member

Ah ha, I couldn't tell before about the bands, but now that you mention it, I think I see where they are. Well, it looks great, either way. Happy smoking!

4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

It's a great smoking pipe, even if it does look like some sort of alien probe. If you ever get a chance, hit the antique and estates shops because there is a good chance you'll find a real gem or two. There are two such shops that I frequent, and that's where I found this particular Rhodesian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.