TAD Bonkers for Burley

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've got lots of aromatics, Virginias, VaPers, English blends, etc on hand that I love. I have two Burleys and since I got a new cob for Christmas, I thought I would dedicate it to Burleys and therefore need to stock more. I reread the Burley suggestion thread and ordered the following based on PSF input:

Mac Baren Golden Extra
    Carter Hall
    Cornell & Diehl Burley Flake #2
    Wessex Burley Slice

I wanted to order a tin of Esoterica Stonehaven, but couldn't find anything except half pound bags. I'm excited to try these and compare to the enjoyment I get from Solani ABF.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

You actually found half pound bags of Stonehaven?

3. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

MB Burley London Blend and Solani Aged Burley Flake are really good. I also have been smoking Mac Baren Norwood recently, still deciding if I like it better then BLB or not.

Gonna try some of those other tobaccos you listed also besides CH which I used to smoke sometimes. I would try Stonehaven if it was ever available.

4. BradNTX

Yes, are you saying I should have ordered it?

5. Legend

Legend Member

I would have jumped on it big time...

6. yinyang

I'm only saying it's much like it's sibling Penzance, or SG offerings...a snooze ya lose proposition. If you're curious about it, you hafta jump right then. I agree it's a lot of weed, especially when you don't know if you'll like it or not. (Course, there is always people here in the peanut gallery that would take it off your hands.) Huh, I guess I WAS saying yeah, you should grab it. Um, where did you see it at? ;)

7. BradNTX

Crap! 4noggins was out of the 50g tins, but had 8oz bag showing in stock before lunch. After reading this, I went back to get their number to call & see if they could add it to my order from this morning and they sold their last bag! :thumbsdown:

One of you guys is sneaky... :iiam: :rolleyes2:

8. yinyang

Not me? Or was it?

No, it wasn't.

9. BradNTX

All well. I should have enough Burley to keep me going for a little while. I may try to order an 8oz bag in a couple of months along with a pound of HV.

10. mpchem

mpchem Member

Definitely agree on the MB Burley London. I just tried it last week and it's a winner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.