TAD Order Number 1

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ArtisanArcher, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

My Fellow Pipe Smokers!

I just made my first TAD order off smokingpipes.com and after much reading on tobaccoreviews.com I decided on the following:

Cornell & Diehl
    Haunted Bookshop
    Bayou Morning
    Apricots and Cream
    Autumn Evening
    Red Carpet
    Manhattan Afternoon

I'm certain that somebody here has some experience with these blends: What do you think of them?

Happy Smoking
    Arty

2. BrucePerr

BrucePerr Member

Arty,
    The Apricots and Cream is a real lady killer. One of my favorite aros.
    I use it to keep the wife happy. Nice Stuff

Bruce

3. Legend

Legend Member

I have smoked Bayou Morning and tired of it. Too much Perique for me, but a nice smoke. Good Vitamin N too.

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I enjoyed Autumn Evening and think it's a fine smoke on a chilling evening. The room note might make you hungry for pancakes.

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I found Haunted Bookshop decent but forgettable. It certainly has its fan base, though. Hopefully you will become one.

Bayou Morning is one of my favorite VaPers. Really spicy with a good dose of perique.

Autumn Evening is one of the best aromatics I've ever smoked. I smoke it rarely but I'm impressed that the tobacco flavor rules the blend with the flavoring being somewhat subdued but very noticeable.

I've heard a lot of raves about Red Carpet but I've never smoked it... yet!

6. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Personally I'd ditch the rest and order a metric ton of Autumn Evening. That stuff is killer. By far my favorite aromatic, and great around other people. I inspired a whole table of fellow smokers to hit up IHOP based on the room note alone.

7. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Wow... three solid hits for autumn evening and pancakes. Does that mean that it's a good breakfast smoke? :goodjob:

8. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

One would think that, despite the name and room note combo. However, as much as the tin note reminds me of a Sunday morning breakfast of Pancakes and sausages (I know, that sounds weird), I often find that I reach for this as an after dinner or apertif smoke. For some reason, I crave this after a good dinner. So, maybe C&D know what they're doing. Then again, I like to eat breakfast at night. :thumbsu:

Either way, this is a satisfying smoke and a crowd pleaser.

9. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

MMmmmmm Autumn Evening :) good stuff!

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's impressive, Mr Gourley! Maybe we should call it "IHOP Morning" instead.

I found Autumn Evening/IHOP Morning to be medium to light in the nicotine dept. and is indeed excellent right before bedtime. I imagine it'd be nice paired with a cup of coffee too.

11. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

I was planning on making Haunted Bookshop my first smoke of this TAD seeing as how my new copy of Wise Man's Fears by Patrick Rothfuss is going to be in at the end of the week, hopefully the same time the toby comes in. Given the rave reviews for Autumn Evening though, I'm probably going to do that. I wish, with a name like Haunted Bookshop, it packed a little more of the feeling that the name implies. Perhaps it will. I wonder, what would a haunted bookshop smell like? :phew:

12. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Musty.

13. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Okay, well, yeah. But that's taking away a LOT of the poetic quality that a bibliophile like myself applies to such a concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.