TAD slightly satisfied

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I might need to think of trading it then.

2. BradNTX

Got home from Houston last night and the GLP Fillmore was on the kitchen counter. I think I'll try a bowl at lunch...

3. BradNTX

I did smoke a bowl of Filmore after lunch today. I saw a video on YouTube about a packing method for flake toby, so thought I would give it a try. I broke up the flakes into coarse cut size pieces and filled the bowl to about 3/4. Then rubbed out some more to a finer size and topped off the bowl.

The pipe did have to sit in my truck for a couple of hours w/o the AC on, so I'm sure it affected the taste somewhat. At first light, I was reminded of a cigar taste, which surprised me a bit. After The top burned off, it changed to a slightly sweeter, pipe-tasting VaPer. I'm curious to see how a fresh load out of the tin will taste in comparison. I liked the blend, but not sure I would say I loved it like many of the ratings.

The other surprise was the huge buzz it gave me. I've never had a buzz like that from a pipe, even from a much larger bowl full. The laste time I had a nic buzz like that was from a Honduran robusto with a very full flavor. As soon as I've had the opportunity to try a bowl fresh out of the tin, I'll post up.

4. BradNTX

Last weekend I smoked a bowl of Filmore, fresh out of the tin. Man, that stuff is stout! It tasted like a full bodied cigar. Even more so than the bowl that baked in my truck a couple of hours. I think I will put this stuff aside and let it mellow a bit. It looks like, from the stuff I've read about Filmore on PSF, aging a bit gives it a lot of benefit.

On the other hand, I smoked 2 bowls of Pegasus (thank you dp/Snake). It was very nice. Fairly full bodied, but smooth and tasty. I like Pegasus and would buy it again. I traded a tin of Peg for a tin of Hamborger Veermaster with Snake. I hope he is enjoying the HV. :flowers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.