1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

TAD slightly satisfied

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I might need to think of trading it then.

2. BradNTX

Got home from Houston last night and the GLP Fillmore was on the kitchen counter. I think I'll try a bowl at lunch...

3. BradNTX

I did smoke a bowl of Filmore after lunch today. I saw a video on YouTube about a packing method for flake toby, so thought I would give it a try. I broke up the flakes into coarse cut size pieces and filled the bowl to about 3/4. Then rubbed out some more to a finer size and topped off the bowl.

The pipe did have to sit in my truck for a couple of hours w/o the AC on, so I'm sure it affected the taste somewhat. At first light, I was reminded of a cigar taste, which surprised me a bit. After The top burned off, it changed to a slightly sweeter, pipe-tasting VaPer. I'm curious to see how a fresh load out of the tin will taste in comparison. I liked the blend, but not sure I would say I loved it like many of the ratings.

The other surprise was the huge buzz it gave me. I've never had a buzz like that from a pipe, even from a much larger bowl full. The laste time I had a nic buzz like that was from a Honduran robusto with a very full flavor. As soon as I've had the opportunity to try a bowl fresh out of the tin, I'll post up.

4. BradNTX

Last weekend I smoked a bowl of Filmore, fresh out of the tin. Man, that stuff is stout! It tasted like a full bodied cigar. Even more so than the bowl that baked in my truck a couple of hours. I think I will put this stuff aside and let it mellow a bit. It looks like, from the stuff I've read about Filmore on PSF, aging a bit gives it a lot of benefit.

On the other hand, I smoked 2 bowls of Pegasus (thank you dp/Snake). It was very nice. Fairly full bodied, but smooth and tasty. I like Pegasus and would buy it again. I traded a tin of Peg for a tin of Hamborger Veermaster with Snake. I hope he is enjoying the HV. :flowers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.