1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

TAD Tonight

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    After dinner and after the kids crash , hell ... after everything is done tonight .... I'm going TAD ! I have to admit I really look forward to it . I recently purchased P.S. bullseye my last TAD and I'll be getting a bulk amount of it . The bitch for me is I wanna start building up a " cellar " because in the last 30 years I've failed to do so . Yeah , I started the pipe when I was fourteen [ can you imagine ..lol ] Wanna get bulk of my favorites but damn it theres alot of new stuff I wanna try . Can't buy " it all " . Anyway , it's a good mild problem that I 'm enjoying just thinking about :stuff:
  2. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I always make sure I include at least a couple new blends in my TAD purchases even though its been really hit or miss lately. I only really like perhaps a quarter of the new (to me) stuff I buy. Still...

If only all of life's problems could be so enjoyable.
  3. atwageman

atwageman Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Nothing wrong with a TAD especially after a stressful day.
  4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Ruff, it's not at all too late. When the taxes "hit" it will be then. So, stock up as you can. Get a tin and try it, if you like it, buy more or buy more in bulk if it's available. I believe we have several fronts facing us pipers. The hit & miss for the more popular imported tobaccos from smallish operations (SG & Esoterica come to mind as a few others). Those seem to be the most "zero stock level" offenders. Shipping will become a difficult situation. Supposedly the USPS will no longer allow tobacco products to be shipped and that was to start this past month but their website does not mention anything about tobacco being an illegal item to mail. Once that happens, it'll be a matter of time before FedEx and UPS will eventually follow suit. I'm sure as our taxes (in the USA) are driven up to the prices paid throughout the world for the same tin of toby, many will wish they'd cellar'd and started as you are. Go forward man! Get what you want and before you know it, you'll be sitting ontop of a mountain of toby smoking a bowl and grinning (and puffing) with contentment........and a smile. Go forward Ruff! One bite (tin/pound) at a time........

If Tobacco-geddon does NOT happen (see above), then, you'll still be happy due to your hedge against inflation which seems to raise ~$0.50-$1.00 per year for 50gm tins (more for larger) AND you'll have toby that's aging nicely and it's all yours! Go forward!

Ed Puff!
  5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I'm going to get a couple of cobbs this month and use them for tobacco testers. I have a list of tobies I want to try and next month will order small amounts of as many as I can. The ones I like, I plan to order in bulk betweeen now and the end of the year in case all the tobacco tax increase rumors end up being true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.