1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tad

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jayson H Bucy, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

Got my monthly tobacco order in.
    • 1 oz of Ennerdale AndyLowry's fault.
    • 4oz of PS English Luxury, thank you bubo2069 for introducing me to it!
    • And thanks to nearly everyone else I got a tin of Dunhill Nightcap.
    The 4oz should last me all month and then some but the others are nice little breaks I plan on taking. I still have some 2015 to finish off and I'm going to re-hydrate some of my older tins that were opened before I knew what I was doing. But I'm in love with PS Luxury right now.

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Hope you enjoy it all!

3. sarge564

sarge564 Member

I for one am glad for taking the advise on PSF. For years only Carter Hall or BR Whiskey (yeah I know!). This site turned me on to tobacco I had no idea about, damn the artwork on the tins, it gets me every time. I was smoking the above and about once a year would get some aros from a B&M. So when I found this site, I loaded up on the aros. But the advise said to get some other stuff also. I got some Va/pers and that's about all I smoked for a month or more. Now wanting to get back to some aros and I'm sure I'll turn back to my VA/pers. Soooooooooo, cellar wide and deep cuz you never know what you might like in the morning.
    And, in worse case, I can always trade for something different.
    This forum is wonderful. Is it manly to use the word "wonderful"?:oops: I mean, this forum is freakin awesome!:punk:

4. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Good job Jayson. Your on your way. Now just keep your "pair" intact and you will be fine.

5. Dunlibi

Dunlibi Member

+1
    I would have never known enough about perique to try it
    Great big thanks

Mark w4mms likes this.
  6. Beale

Beale Active Member

Very nice list! Way to go! I am sitting on mine at the moment, Beale.

7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Nice pick up. I need to place an order soon....

8. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I've got a pound each of RRR and Blockade Runner...... going to be a good Fall!

Mington and Jayson H Bucy like this.
  9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

What, only an ounce? Humph.
    After you've tried it, I'll teach you the secret handshake.

10. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

So I just had some Ennerdale. My first thought was, "My God what the crap did I put in my pipe!??!?" I puffed a little more, "Am I smoking a can of air freshener?" I was thankful when it went out about half way through the bowl. I'm sorry Andy, not my cup o tea. I'll keep it and let it age for a couple of months and hope that top note fades away or at least mellows some. Thankfully I was having left over turkey fajitas for lunch and was able to wipe my tongue clean with some ghost pepper salsa.

ruffinogold likes this.
  11. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

No secret handshake for you!
    Sorry to have led you astray. The florality doesn't temper with age much, so maybe you could pitch it under your car seat and use it as an actual air freshener. Good thing you obtained so little, then!

12. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I used to absolutely loathe the G&H florals. I commented scathingly about their dryer sheet/granny's perfume character. That was as recently as about a year ago. Now there are 4 G&H blends in my Top 10. Somehow, they grab you when you least expect it.

I'd hang onto that blend, wait a year and try it again. Ennerdale isn't in my Top 10 but it's probably in my Top 30.

13. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

No worries at all, underneath the floral note it was good tobacco, a lot of it was probably that I haven't smoked for over a week and that was just like wow.

14. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

One thing I've learned from all of you wonderful enablers is not to throw out anything! I just finished re-hydrating some of the first tins I purchased and I now have all but a few samples (all less than 1oz) canned and hidden in a dark corner of the cupboard. I will come back to it at some point.

15. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Happy smoking, Everyone!:D

16. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

Oh my, Nightcap is a very pleasant smoke. I expected it to be nice from the reviews but man that was tasty! I think I know what I want for Christmas....no wait, I need a Peterson....and I was going to get a straight Virginia....and I need a Peterson....thought about getting some Frog Morton too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.