1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tb's North Sea= Lane's What?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by cmw00, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmw00

cmw00 Member

Anybody smoke Tinderbox's North Sea? I really like it, but can't figure out what Lane blend it is, if it is? Anybody have any thoughts?

2. Stoked

Stoked Member

I've had it, and I like it as well, as I do with practically all TB smokes I've had. I find all of the TB blends that I've had to be extremely smooth and flavorful.

Sorry I can't say which blend of Lane this is.

Have you tried their Special Blend? Very complex and very yummy.

3. cmw00

cmw00 Member

I've found that all their blends that I've tried have been very good. Definitely not low quality tobacco like some other bulk blends I've tried. Never tried the Special Blend, but I think my local place keeps it on hand.

4. coastie720

coastie720 Member

I dont have the answer either, but have you tried TB "Cafe Supreme?" Its a blend of both North Sea and Capt Spice. Yum :thumbsu:

5. cmw00

cmw00 Member

No, but I'm going to now. I almost tried some Captain spice last time I was there.

6. telltime

telltime Active Member

I also like North Sea. I mix it with Wilshire and Aalborg (2/3 Wilshire, the other 1/3 an equal mix of Aalborg and North Sea). It's excellent and probably my favorite smoke.

I also highly recommend their Black Russian. It has absolutely NO bite, no matter what you do!

7. Stoked

Stoked Member

I've been really tempted to try Black Russian. That's another I've had on my list.

Really, it seems like many of us that are familiar with TB blends are all saying the same thing. High quality, good value, fine tasting tobacco that never (or perhaps rarely) bites.

I seem to be talking TB blends up a lot, but I assure all of you, I have no ties to the company. I'm just becoming a very big fan of their blends...

I just wish my local TB didn't change their rule from a 1 ounce minimum, of any toby, to 2 ounces. That puts me off, especially if my intention is to walk out with 8 ounces total, and I tell them that up front. The least they could do is give me 8 samples of different toby, if that's what I want, instead of 4. I don't think that's asking too much, and it makes better business sense IMHO.

[​IMG]
    ~ Orlik Golden Sliced ~
    Smoked by all shrewd judges
    and "geniuses"

8. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

I was just browsing tobaccoreviews.com and stumbled across Kentucky Nougat by Peter Stokkebye where in the description at the top (under tin description) and by a couple of reviewers below claim that this is actually North Sea as re-branded by the Tinderbox. Hope this is helpful.

9. cmw00

cmw00 Member

Thanks for the tip! Looks like mystery here solved. I guess the Tinderbox, brings in blends from all over, not just lane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.