Ten Russians v. Old Ironsides

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jpberg, Jul 24, 2013.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Old Ironsides

37.5%
  2. Ten Russians

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

I'm smoking Old Ironsides now, I like it, and it certainly is different than 10 Russians. Their tin notes are almost identical...but I would have to say TR has a lighter essence side by side. Terrific smoke, I think the VA is just a little brighter in TR. Still smoky, oily at times, just a hint lighter than OI (to me). Thing is, they both scratch that hard to reach spot on my palate. Too early, can't choose, more research needed. (no, I didn't just cut and paste this from a post earlier in the thread)

jpberg, Old Codger and psquared like this.
  2. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Are you going to make a graph or pie chart? No research is complete without one.

dwaugh likes this.
  3. dwaugh

I would, but I'm not so good at reviewing tobaccos, so I might not have enough data. I'll give it a shot though :D

4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Dr. Waugh, what is the penalty for academic plagiarism? :D

jpberg, Old Codger and dwaugh like this.
  5. dwaugh

I was invoking the legally recognized "fair use" of said content. Although the source was not explicitly cited, it was noted that the copied text came from within the same "thread", as this is a small thread, I would think that any court would acknowledge that a "reasonable person" could find the original author with a minimal amount of work. :laff:

Old Codger and psquared like this.
  6. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

You academic types, always got an out. :byg:

dwaugh likes this.
  7. dwaugh

My wife said that Old Ironsides was "stinky". She does like the smell of Presbyterian Mixture though.

8. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

I hadn't tried either Three Nuns or Old Ironsides until a few moments ago when I came upone this thread. It occurred to me that a friend had gifted me an ounce or so of OI back in December and it's been sitting in a jar ever since.

I just put flame to bowl and it's ok. It's smooth and smokey (which I like), but it isn't an overly complex blend. I'm gonna have to find some 3 Nuns and give that a taste...

9. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Another Doctorate.

Johnny Dingo and psquared like this.
  10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I like them both a lot. I will have to do a side by side. If I remember correctly, 10 Russians is more ball-sy. (Stronger):rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.