1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Ten Russians

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Xecutech, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Well, today my tin of Ten Russians arrived and I am half way through the first bowl. From crumble to the first light, I was already enjoying it. Now that it is burning good, I am enjoying a room full of luscious smoke. Damn, this is good.

I almost hate to say it, especially after such a fuss for some Penzance, I think I am liking this blend better. I don't want to say that out loud, as I still love the Penzance, but I feel like I am cheating on it.

I think I am liking it due to the nicotine buzz I am getting from it.

I owe you guys a big THANK YOU for suggesting this one. I also have a tin of Pirate Kake to try in the morning. I hope I don't end up in a three way love triangle, or do I? :)

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

You will have to put "Stimulus Package" on your TAD list. Glad you like 10R! Me too:)

"Private Stock" is good too! But 10R & Stim-Pak are total winners imo.

Ed
    Puff... Then there's Dan Bill Baileys Balkan Blend (under $30/# @SP for now)...it's real good too!

3. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Great, just what I need, more tobaccos to shop for! :)
    Thanks

Puff The Magic likes this.
  4. Puff The Magic

Sorry! Blaze your trail through the tasty trails of lat blends.....you won't regret it! Seriously!;)

Ed
    Puff

5. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Yeah, I will have to say that I am a lat smoker for sure. I actually find myself seeking/craving that flavor.

6. Puff The Magic

TOTALLY! :D

Ed
    Puff...oh, and Thank You Dondi! You forced me to smoke those bits of old truck tires.....;)

Dondi likes this.
  7. dbwittkopf

dbwittkopf Member

Just smoked my first bowl of 10 russians tonight very good stuff

8. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Looking forward to trying it when my latest order arrives.

9. Capt

Capt Active Member

You like it better than Penzance, because it is better. And Pirate Kake is better too.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

11. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

12. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Things could be worse!

13. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

I've recently come across a tin of Ten Russians at my local B&M and have only had 2 bowls so far but I can definitely see buying this one again.

14. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

A good blend indeed.

15. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Dang it....
    3 more to the TAD list (since I already have and love both 10R and Pirate Kake:
    Stimulus Package
    Private Stock
    Dan Bill Baileys Balkan Blend

16. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

First thing when I woke up this morning, I was craving a pipe full of Ten Russians, before I thought to fix a cup of coffee. I'm going to try Pirate Kake today. It's going to be a good day.

17. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Good lord, they're still giving it away for that? I didn't think that could last. BBBB is pretty solid stuff and that price is awesome.

18. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I've only recently had my first taste of 10 Ruskies and Penzance. So far, I prefer the Ruskies. I certainly like the Penzance and see why people love the stuff but I like the Russians better, simple as that.. tobaccos don't tend to be jealous critters, you can love as many as you like. In fact you will love them even more because you won't get bored with them. When I was young, before HIV, I always had three sometimes four girl friends going at any one time. Each one was loved for different reasons and I never got bored with anyone. The ladies do get jealous (if you're foolish enough to get caught) but the tobacco won't. A love triangle with tobacco is a beautiful thing. With lovers, it is potentially dangerous keep your runners close.

HazyDat620 and Xecutech like this.
  19. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Preach it brother!!! lol

MacNutz likes this.
  20. jgstudios

jgstudios Member

Yes sir! Ten Russians is fine stuff. And, as McNutz says, you can sample as many as you like. After smoking Ten Russians for a while, I find that I may want to go back and try University Flake. Let myself study the Virginias for a week or so, then maybe migrate back into the lat blends. Maybe fool around with the Frogs first, or try some Odyssey, or something new, and eventually back around to the 10Rs. It does sometimes feel like a journey. Each time you discover different things about a certain tobacco, and you start to be able to discern the different tobaccos and flavors in a particular blend. It's an interesting quest and time is on your side. The cool thing about this thread is that I just found a couple of new tobaccos to look for, namely: Stimulus Package and Pirate Kake. That TAD list keeps growing.

MacNutz, RTOdhner and Kiowapipe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.