Thank you Louisiana.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

Hey guys hope your all well.

So a couple of weeks ago i got my hands on some g&h Louisiana flake, had a couple of bowls and then left it a cool dark place for a couple of weeks and opened it up and currently enjoying a bowl, and my god what a diff a few weeks make, the flavours have got slightly sweeter but i also detect the spicyness has increased and the taste of stewed dried fruits and figs really shines, imn savouring every draw, im thinking maybe a repeat order is going to happen and see what happens after a couple of months.

krusty likes this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

It's fine tobacco. Since I found my way over to the dark side of Gawith Hoggarth, I don't visit it much, but it still has a presence in my rotation. Glad you like it.

3. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

The more you dry out a tobacco, the better it gets, right up to the point where it becomes dust

4. craig

craig Active Member

i like to dry mine out when its too wet but i dont think i would be too keen near dust point, but hey ones dislike is anothers like.

5. Pinball

Pinball Member

I've noticed that with several of my tobacco's that the moister the tobacco is the less flavor I get from smoking it, am I just crazy or something?

6. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Perique...elixir of the Gods. I keep a few oz of Perique on hand, just to spice up the occasional bowl, and there's always a few Va-Pers in the rotation...LF among them.
    Yes, this stuff smokes best when almost crispy dry. I usually put a pipes-worth on a bit of paper towel, and pop it in the nuker for 4-5 seconds....purr-fect!

7. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

My theory on drying tobacco out is that Water Is The Enemy.

Tongue bite and gurgle comes from steam condensing either in the pipe or on your tongue. Steam comes from the water in the tobacco getting burninated by the smoking process. Less water = less steam.

You need some water in the tobacco to hold it together otherwise you will be inhaling hot dust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.