1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by 65caddy, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 65caddy

65caddy Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Gentleman, its been awhile since I've posted but i check this board almost everyday. The people and advice given on this board have accelerated my smoking pleasure. what I've learned on this board would have taken many years through trial and error and the possibility of just quitting the hobby out of frustration. I guess the reason for this post is to let the regular posters know that a pipe smoker lurker appreciates all the great advice and pipe knowledge you share. I'm currently waiting for Jake hackert to post some more available pipes on E-bay, I seem to have a bit of PAD coming on. I have a Hackert already and I love it, something about supporting a small artist. However if anyone can recommend another American pipe makers web site with quality pipes for a fair price I would appreciate any recommendations. Once again Kudos to those who take the time to educate a whole new generation of pipe smokers.
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    What kind of price range, and what style of pipes are you thinking of, Cad?

There are any number of North American carvers who are worthy of scrutiny, but your temptation and/or enjoyment of their product may be dependent on your budget and also on your personal preference of styles, and of materials.

T-bear and I both make pipes, but they don't look anything like each other. For example, his are very ugly.

Mark Tinsky - ugly.

Rad Davis - super ugly, don't even look at his pipes.

Kurt Huhn - ugly.

Wayne Teipen - ugly.

Todd Johnson - ugly, and his pipes are also ugly.

Bruce Weaver - ugly.

Well, you get the picture. :Banane55:

And I won't even mention Chris Askwith, cuz he's a Brit. (ugly)

Now, that leaves .... well, me, I guess. Funny that.

In all seriousness, there's a whole wack of guys that can make a really wonderful pipe for you, and I think the best idea is to establish a price point that you are comfortable with, a list of features that you feel are important (stem material, surface finish, size of pipe etc) and find a guy who suits you.

I make pipes, generally in traditional shapes, and generally extra large. But I can't sit here and tell you that no one else can do what I can do, because it would be bull****.

However, I do sprinkle my pipes with magic dust that makes them smoke good, and not be ugly. :thumbsu:
  3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    ...and every now and again the Bigfoot knocks out one that smokes OK too!

4. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009

They're just few and far between... :Banane55:
  5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    One thing I've learned is that you never quit learning! If you think you know it all.....then, well, there's nothing more to say or listen to. PSF is a fantastic resource and beyond that, it's a friendship of pipers and some of these friendships and memories will be carried forever. Cool place, glad to be here.

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff
  6. rusty

rusty Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Same here, glad I found this forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.