1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

The Demon's Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Spartan, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Member

The Demon's Pipe

I absolutely LOVE the classic look of pipes; simple and elegant. But I also love "monstrous" or “gothic” oriented pipes. A Pipe with

Pipes like Sasquatches "Dunwich Horror" http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/the-dunwich-horror.8331/ come close but still a wee bit tame.

Puffer Pete’s new ebay find http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220817306675&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT is a great example of gothic meets elegant in my mind.

If there is a good pipe-maker (big or small) who you think does a little of what you think I might be interested in please post links, pictures, tell me I’m retarded and who cares what it looks like as long as she smokes like a dream?

Meers, briar, cheery wood(lol),cob, ANYTHING!

I must find the Demon’s Pipe…
    -Spartan

2. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

I like unique looking pipes as well. There's nothing horrible about the Dunwich Horror that Sas made, and I would have snatched it up if I could. :)

3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

If I were you I would talk to the pipe maker's on this forum, they are all very talented and can make just about anything you ask for as long as you give specifics.

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

A custom made pipe would cost me more than i'm willing to spend at this current time. I'm still a new piper. I just wanted to know if anyone on here knew of any really sick pipe makers and if there was a place I could see some of their work so I can keep them in mind for future purchases. I will keep searching the internets. :D And if I ever need a pipe made i'm coming here first with a drawing and seeing if anyone will be willing to do a custom piece. That should be exciting.
    -Spartan

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I really like that kind of pipe, though I would say there's nothing especially demonic about that second pipe - 1/2 sandblasted freehand dublin. If you want a real monster, check out some of Downie's pipes, he cuts some really crazy stuff. Stuff that makes me feel icky!
    http://www.downiepipes.com/charbydis.html

Luckily in the world of pipes, there's something for everyone. Spartan, you might want to look into a Stanwell rook as well - I know where some new old-stock rooks can be had: http://www.charlespipes.com/store/1883931/product/STRK05 I love these!

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

PS Ruff, Wallenstein's pipes are crazy, aren't they?

8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Holy crap... There are some beauties in there Ruff, not sure if I can do orange though. But spot on
    And omg Sasquatch, that is the most beautiful pipe i've ever seen for $117..............just... wow.... I NEED one of those...omg...
    -Spartan

9. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

10. Spartan

Spartan Member

Sweet baby Jesus that last one is gorgeous. I'm going to have to say freehand pipes definately make for better demon pipes than anything else.:csmile:
    -Spartan

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I want whatever the guys on ... or maybe not . Jeez .... what a trip :startl:

12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Roger's just the nicest guy though. You'd think that a guy making such wacked out pipes would be a hippy or something, and he doesn't seem to be.

13. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Well... I do have a meerschaum carved by Baglan in the likeness of the puppet from the Saw movies. :D

I may have a pic on my home computer.

14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Damn, I've been looking for a picture of a Buzzjack, and can't find one! Really, the ultimate in demon pipe.

15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

JP, look under the seller "stickwithcharacter" - he's also often trying to sell pipe kits as finished product (as well as estates for more than new cost). I miss Buzzjack because he made my pipes look so refined.

16. Puffer Pete

Puffer Pete Member

Why, thank you kind sir, I'm growing more and more fond of it myself:D. It seems to get better with each smoke.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.