1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The differences in the Frog Morton's

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mington, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I was so excited today when I received my new tobacco order in the mail.
    I ordered Frog Morton On The Town for my 1st taste of English tobacco.
    Many of you here recommended that one.
    Well they sent me the plain Frog Morton instead. <sigh>
    I have not opened it up yet, but know there are a few types of Frog Morton's:
    Frog Morton
    Frog Morton Across The Pond
    Frog Morton On The Bayou
    Frog Morton on the Town
    Will I be disappointed in the plain Frog Morton? Should I not open it and send it back for the On The Town version? Or just go ahead and fire it up?
    What is the difference with these 5?
    Thanks.
    M

2. erickghint

erickghint Member

You will not be put out by the original, I don't think. The differences are kinda.... well different.

Original: Good bit of Latakia, and a great English blend. One of my favorites, actually. Not overbearing, but not subtle.

FMOTT: This one has Basma in it, and you can definitely taste it. Kinda has a vanilla taste to it, and that pairs really nicely with the Latakia. Very good for an after dinner smoke, or perhaps just waking up with a cup of tea/coffee.

FMATP: VERY subtle on the Latakia. It has Syrian Latakia rather than the Cyprian counterpart. It's a very light English, in my opinion, but one that kind gives one a break from heavy Lat bombs. Great stuff.

FMOTB: Haven't tried this one as of yet, but I'm not really big on Perique, so I may just leave this one alone.

3. writergeek007

writergeek007 New Member

The regular Frog Morton is pretty good, I smoked it for a while before switching to FMOTB. It is a decent smoke, give it a try. Though if you prefer a stronger smoke, try FMOTB.

4. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

FMOTB: Haven't tried this one as of yet, but I'm not really big on Perique, so I may just leave this one alone.

Erick,

I love this blend and I don't think the perique is overbearing at all. You should give it a shot.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

On one hand, there's very little point in discussing the differences until you've experienced at least one of the baselines of the discussion. Until you've had Frog Morton, you cannot make sense of someone saying "It's like Frog Morton but has more of a waffle-factory sort of flavor."

I advise try the Froggy. It's very good, quite unusual, and an excellent "early career" tobacco.

6. Mington

Thanks guys. Good news (for me)...
    The store told me to keep it and that they would send the right one out (On The Town).
    So I guess I will get both! ;)

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Who are you dealing with? It's always good to know who offers that kind of service.

8. Rider

Rider Member

wow :startle: thats a perfect way to describe it. im surprised i never thought of it............ :eek:hyeah:

whatever you do, keep/send back, i would complain. for all you know they would send you the FMOTT and let you keep the one you got to say sorry. its happened to me on other non-pipe related sites. if you do send it back make sure they pay shipping. its only right.

9. erickghint

erickghint Member

I'll give it a go. The last thing I tried with Perique was a while ago, so who knows? :)

10. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

See post #6

11. Rider

Rider Member

either im slow today and missed that or he responded before i hit the post button............. :xd:

good for you, now you can try both B)

12. cmw00

cmw00 Member

+1 to this! Would be nice to know who a great seller is!

13. Mington

Pipes And Cigars dot Com
    They have been excellent so far. Fast shipping. Reasonable Prices. No minimum orders. Great communication.
    Nothing but good things to say about them and I will continue to buy from them for a long time.
    If you write them about anything, they reply back almost instantly.
    Hope others out there have had good experiences with them and if you never tried them...do so!

*Note: I have only ordered pipe tobacco from them (so far)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.